• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

Associate
With Intel & AMD being companies that engineer semiconductor products, I haven't checked the legal documentation for producing CPU,s or any chip but I'm sure they would hopefully have everything in place from an engineering standpoint, that being - process flow,Control Plan & FMEA, these control the route of the product through manufacturing (process flow) the control plan details how you produce the product containing details of the process flow but with more details and using lessons learned (defined by issues from previous products or issues seen before) but also includes critical features (possible failure points) these documents then include the FMEA probably the most important document (failure modes & affect analysis) this controls what might go wrong and possible ways to mitigate this (trust me there's always something you miss) these issues can take months even years to analyse when an issue is found (so do not expect any information from CPU makers/manufacturers yet) I know from experience (not CPU manufacturing) ... Looking from the outside intel have decided to overlook the FMEA to meet customers (more likely shareholders) requirements, make it as fast as possible at any cost disregarding power limits,. it was never a good option but with struggling options what do you do? Your fabs can't seem to make the latest tech so you eek out the small performance gains you can.

Back
Top Bottom