• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

Did you watch the video? He didn't say they were under spec that's just the clickbait title. He talks about a previous gen launch where some cpus weren't meeting boost clocks, but goes on to say he doesn't know what the actual issue is with the 9k series.

Did he bring up the meeting clocks thing just so that he could justify that click bait thumbnail or does he believe that and its the reason for it?

These are the sort of questions i have for Youtubers who prostitute themselves for the Youtube algorithm.

Last edited:
Did he bring up the meeting clocks thing just so that he could justify that click bait thumbnail or does he believe that and its the reason for it?

These are the sort of questions i have for Youtubers who prostitute themselves for the Youtube algorithm.

Go to 8:20 in the video and he starts to bring up previous issues, that was one of them

yeah, but they might not reach the clocks - especially if it's the wrong chip inside ;)

And usually Intel run accelerated ageing tests:

Quite a lot of possibilities - with the way many businesses are run these days wouldn't surprise me if they moved ahead on production before having validation back on ageing testing and maybe the validation silicon didn't behave like some/all of production, maybe they tried to fix it or maybe they didn't. Or maybe some production silicon doesn't behave within the range of validation silicon, etc.

Perfect video to cover the issue:

Better launch for marketing now with 2 weeks of reviews.
More time for the BIOS 1.2.0.0a (beta) to get to final 1.2.0.1 agesa. But Zen 5 is bootable from AGESA 1.1.7.0.

So My processor is being rma'd now, I asked about the warranty situation with a replacement processor and was told it would only be for the remaining term of my original warranty.
I said well thats not encouraging what about a refund. I was then told that the refund would not be a full refund and would be based on the market value of the processor and a reflection of the use I've already had out of it.
Is that normal? Should I expect to receive a full refund?

Last edited:
So My processor is being rma'd now, I asked about the warranty situation with a replacement processor and was told it would only be for the remaining term of my original warranty.
I said well thats not encouraging what about a refund. I was then told that the refund would not be a full refund and would be based on the market value of the processor and a reflectionm of the use I#ve already had out of it.
Is that normal? Should I expect to receive a full refund?
It depends, did you go with the retailer or the manuacturer?

How old is the CPU?

I had a similar thing when I returned a faulty keyboard. no where near the cost of a processor though.

I had the keyboard for 7 months, was returned as it was double typing and they had 30 days to sort it so went back to the manufacturer.

After 30 days there was no update and was not replaced\repaired as it was EOL. Paid £84 for it and then got back £79 so they deducted money from the refund due to the time I had the keyboard for. I was fine with this as it was not much at all but its going to be completely different on a CPU

On the other hand if a CPU has given lots of trouble, then deducting "for the use you got of it" is cheeky; I mean can someone charge extra for the stress they got out it too?

I presume Intel could not do that but hard to say how refund would work from the manufacturer as there is lots of logistics as retailers, distributors all got their cut when it was first bought.

Imagine you're a person who usually buys Intel, you're familiar with their CPUs. Your PC is old so you were planning to buy soon. Now you're told 13th and 14th gen are dodgy, unless you're going back to 12th gen you need to be looking at AMD. But you don't know AMD, so you'd need something like this to easily find the suitable AMD equivalent. In the meantime you're stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for upcoming AMD and Intel releases (and NVIDIA, and Windows 12 also maybe), and seeing whether issues get resolved and what gets recommended.
Even without the issues no one should really be buying into LGA1700 at this point when a new platform is due soon.

Back
Top Bottom