• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

I have an amd system and can count in one hand the amount of time the game crashed since I played in 2020 until today. It's my most played game by far...

Yes there is game bugs etc but crashes? Na hardly. Infact the last time my game crashed was due to guilded software overlay
Good, that might learn toward what was said in the video having more merit so I'm sure there's loads of posts from people that have pretty much no issues and this game being a nightmare and everything inbetween although this game being in early access/beta hardware vendors could turn round (they wont really) and say due to that good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah absolutely, I've not had any issues with my 14700K as of yet it's been running just fine but like mentioned people will most likely avoid buying them second hand down the line.

I don't think AMD are heroes either tho,both intel and AMD and that busy with trying to out-do one another that they're literally throwing out "new" CPUs unnecessarily every year and let's be honest since 11th gen intel to the modern 14th gen do we REALLY see that huge of a performance uplift? I personally can't see it!
Although my 14700k is decent,it's not as noticeable of a performance boost from my previous 11700k when it comes to gaming.
I should have just stuck with the 11700k.

I think where AMD do disserve the brownie points is on power saving and lower tdps.
Intel on the other hand,not so much effort lol.

A lot has changed in the way CPUs are designed, built and are monitored compared to previous generations. Temperature monitoring is much more accurate and heat dissipation and the power plain much more integral and considered when laying the chip out and bringing it up.

Previous generations relied on more guesswork and healthy tolerance margins, but today we much higher levels of accuracy. IMO Intel are suck somewhere between attempting to drag archaic designs to the latest node and push them well outside of their intended operating parameters.

Seeing this quite a bit now where every and all crash is suddenly this CPU crash :s
Yes as some people are running with this and I'm asking questions for people to provide recipts out of concern as me being naive realised that a lot of it it's not really coming from a place of concern or informing people but malice.
I encountered a problem myself where some 13th and 14th gen CPUs were crashing with FFMPEG with a similar GPU related out of memory error to this problem, which wasn't happening on the older systems I also have/had, but further investigation showed it also happens on a range of newer CPUs for some reason including AMD ones. Not sure why it doesn't happen on older CPUs but anyhow not a symptom of this problem which was a bit of a relief as I didn't want to have to be telling people their CPU might be faulty :s
If ones able too sometimes it's best to do ones own testing and fault finding as it can be annoying to filter all the information though a while back I saw at the time a strange post about using FFMPEG/Handbrake for stability and temp monitoring as encoding, esp AV1 pushes a CPU very hard more than Cinebench I was using at the time.

Alternatively you could have made Youtube video about your initial investigation with a clickbait video title and alude to it's an Intel problem but be vague, it could get featured on all the tech sites and posted here and idiot me could start a debate over it rather then what I usually do and ignore it. :cry:

Last edited:
Just a thought, was AVX512 binned off due to all this!?
Afaik, the justification was due to the E-Cores not having AVX512 and the scheduler worked better with the same instruction sets for both cores. Rocket Lake had it enabled and that was also very power hungry.

Just a thought, was AVX512 binned off due to all this!?
I'm not sure but I think there was a few early Alderlake processor's where it could be enabled with a certain bios and the e cores disabled but support for this was taken away with newer bios updates.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Good, that might learn toward what was said in the video having more merit so I'm sure there's loads of posts from people that have pretty much no issues and this game being a nightmare and everything inbetween although this game being in early access/beta hardware vendors could turn round (they wont really) and say due to that good luck.
Yes there is and humbug did say that by the way.

Me and humbug share the same discord friends that have had lots of crashes in sc yet me and him and others have ran the game perfectly fine.

We never once thought it could be a Intel cpu issue though.

Was inevitable as soon as Intel said no refunds and no recall

The problem with class action is the lawyers will get 90% of the penalty money and customers the 10%
Only if it goes to court do the claimants risk losing the bulk of the settlement on legal fees. Intel won't want this going to court as they will have to release all their internal documents relating to their investigations on the issues around 13th/14th gen processors, they will offer a large cash settlement before this goes to trail over and above what a judge will award. That way if it does go to court and they (Intel) loses the claimant will have to pay the legal fees for both parties which is why most of these of things are settled before they ever go to trail.

I don't think AMD are heroes either tho,both intel and AMD and that busy with trying to out-do one another that they're literally throwing out "new" CPUs unnecessarily every year and let's be honest since 11th gen intel to the modern 14th gen do we REALLY see that huge of a performance uplift? I personally can't see it!
Although my 14700k is decent,it's not as noticeable of a performance boost from my previous 11700k when it comes to gaming.

I think where AMD do disserve the brownie points is on power saving and lower tdps.

Imagine saying this about GPU's....

Well yes its called competition, we really shouldn't be complaining about that, before AMD became competitive again all we got was the same 4 core CPU rebranded with a 3% performance gain every year.

From the 5800X to the 9700X is about a 45% jump in performance, that's just 2 generations.

Last edited:
Yes there is and humbug did say that by the way.

Me and humbug share the same discord friends that have had lots of crashes in sc yet me and him and others have ran the game perfectly fine.
So the games like any other did the people you talked with that had problems make a video about it, kinda blame the CPU and when questioned nothing really is provided until then I would say it has nothing to do with this thread which I why today I trashed most of my comments on it.
We never once thought it could be a Intel cpu issue though.
If this is true then I question why post the video, thanks for confirming that it proberly was done just to get a reaction/troll.

Last edited:
So the games like any other did the people you talked with that had problems make a video about it, kinda blame the CPU and when questioned nothing really is provided until then I would say it has nothing to do with this thread which I why today I trashed most of my comments on it.

If this is true then I question why post the video, thanks for confirming that it proberly was done just to get a reaction/troll.
I dont have friends that are youtubers with over a thousand followers so of course not?!?!?

Why would i expect even most people in here to make a youtube video about intel cpu's causing issues?

Sorry but i fail to understand what your point is?

You do know that its not just Star Citizen that has had issues with intel cpu's right? i think you may need to educate yourself on this topic and browse through the begining of this thread that highlights the issues on multiple games.

Dont forget, that SC video was uloaded only 48-36hours ago yet this issue has been apparent and widely known to cause issues with video games for a while.

Honestly if it true and Intel really are brushing this under the carpet I am not sure I will ever buy from them again. I have never been one to pick a manufacturer and always bought what best suited me at the time however this will be hard to win back favour with me.

The problem with class action is the lawyers will get 90% of the penalty money and customers the 10%
Its the same with any corporate court case, most of the money is spent on lawyers for both sides. The vultures need to justify themselves and drag things out for as long as possible.

Not a fan of lawyers, sorry.

Yeah absolutely, I've not had any issues with my 14700K as of yet it's been running just fine but like mentioned people will most likely avoid buying them second hand down the line.

I was never happy with the 13th and 14th Intel Gen CPUs, they seem to run hot all the time, anyway I jumped ship from my old Intel i5 2500k (oldie but goldie ;) ) to AMD 7800X3D just after the BIOS update to reduce the cpu voltage to 1.3v for the 7800X3D. I could not be happier with my decision to go AMD, I game a lot so it was really no brainer, temps are super fine even with air cooler and everything just works period, what more can you ask for on EXPO 1 mode in BIOS. I've never seen a BSOD on this CPU.

Intel seems to be making their newer CPUs too complicated with not enough testing IMHO.

Anyway Intel need to do a lot more testing at engineering stage and remember the average user is not going to know all about how CPUs work with heat etc...They want it to work period without worrying about issues. In the very old days Intel CPUs were more or less bullet proof, not so much nowadays. My first Intel CPU was 486 back in 1989, how times have changed.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom