• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

I guess the good news is that - at least for a few years - no chip vendor will now try "let's clock things to the edge of stability [or beyond]" thing.

One thing I can see happening as a result of that is that all CPU's will be locked so that people can't overclock them anymore. Overclocking is practically dead these days anyway with only tiny gains to be had at the expense of stupidly high power consumption and high temps but I can see this killing off any "tweaking" being allowed at all. Any overclocking is going to make a bad situation even worse so I can easily see them clamping down on it. One bonus from that should be that motherboards should be cheaper but they will probably keep the prices high instead.

Last edited:
Raises an interesting point. There are absolutely going to be people who spent a lot of money on their first gaming pc and are going to have the intel crashes and problems and be like "pc gaming sucks!" And never look back.

Raises an interesting point. There are absolutely going to be people who spent a lot of money on their first gaming pc and are going to have the intel crashes and problems and be like "pc gaming sucks!" And never look back.
This is absolutely true. It won't just be first time buyers. It will be lots of people who buy a pre-built gaming PC and, outside of that brief window where they're considering specs, never look at the online tech press. These are the people who won't know there's a problem, won't know about any microcode updates and will only find out when they go to google to ask why their expensive PC is crashing all the time, by which point it is too late for any fix.

This isnt exclusive to Intel and your making it out that all Intel CPU's will do this.

Last edited:
even questions himself multiple times during the video that it might not be Intel and it might be the game.

Seeing this quite a bit now where every and all crash is suddenly this CPU crash :s

I encountered a problem myself where some 13th and 14th gen CPUs were crashing with FFMPEG with a similar GPU related out of memory error to this problem, which wasn't happening on the older systems I also have/had, but further investigation showed it also happens on a range of newer CPUs for some reason including AMD ones. Not sure why it doesn't happen on older CPUs but anyhow not a symptom of this problem which was a bit of a relief as I didn't want to have to be telling people their CPU might be faulty :s

Last edited:
It's the guy who made cool GTA video's and he doesnt mention it happening in other games or apps had this happened I would be more inclined to beleive it, provides nothing more then what he wants to believe and even questions himself multiple times during the video that it might not be Intel and it might be the game. He makes a comment how he don't like misleading people and I get he's not 100% sure but thats kinda what his doing.
He is talking about the game not the CPU when he says he doesn't want to mislead people, it doesn't happen in every game, it happens in games where there is a lot of streaming and decompression. Star Citizen is a perfect stress test for that as its constantly streaming in and out literally entire planets, i know from experience that Star Citizen will sniff out an unstable GPU / CPU overclock like nothing else, but if your hardware is stable the game is stable.

We are talking about game spaces here that are the size of our solar system and not a single load screen in sight, anywhere ever...

Last edited:
absolutely, it should be phrased differently i.e. Some Intel CPU's don't work correctly and probably many more won't.

This is absolutely true. It won't just be first time buyers. It will be lots of people who buy a pre-built gaming PC and, outside of that brief window where they're considering specs, never look at the online tech press. These are the people who won't know there's a problem, won't know about any microcode updates and will only find out when they go to google to ask why their expensive PC is crashing all the time, by which point it is too late for any fix.
I had a break of 10 years from building PC's. I came back with my first i7 13700k and had a TON of problems with the PC. I was really questioning my ability to build computers and thought I must have broken something.

This ruined the first couple of months of my new PC. It turned out the CPU was faulty and in the process with the retailer we ended up RMA'ing the 4090 as well as it was tough to narrow down where the issue was. For sure it was the CPU at fault and since I had that first 13700k replaced I've had no issues. I reckon it was the oxidation issue for earlier 13700k's that was my problem at the time. Since then (over a year that 13700k has been bomb proof even with the crazy unlimited power.

Edit: I should have known better then to get involved in this.

Last edited:
It's refering to the 20 days in star Citizen content he made from the game doesnt reflect how the game actually is and by uploading it could be misleading, he says the game is not perfect and still in beta and that he doesn't want to mislead people that aside he confusingly mislead people about the Intel CPU's being the issue.

I'm happy to have my mind changed and give him the benefit of the doubt but nothing really was presented and bad on my part as I fell for the click bait title (totally not misleading btw) and entertained it.

Why do people do this? Why do people try to reinterpret plain language in to something that suits their own argument when all one needs to do is listen to it to see that is not what was said? Its so annoying because they just make you work for it, make you copy what was said in text here.

Like i have been playing a game, show casing a game that has been crashing a fair amount, so like i have played maybe 20 days, lets say for arguments sake say out of those 20 days for 10 of those days i have encountered a crash where its ruined the gameplay, its ruined what i have been doing, and i haven't addressed it where its the CPU's fault, because that is looking like that was the issue, so now i'm at this conundrum where i have recorded the first 20 days, over 600 GB of recording, now i'm like if i put this out its misleading, its showing Star Citizen up in a light which ok its not perfect, but its also not as bad as the video makes out, because of the CPU.

About 2:30 to about 3:40... so no one needs to watch the whole thing to see it.

Last edited:
It's refering to the 20 days in star Citizen content he made from the game doesnt reflect how the game actually is and by uploading it could be misleading, he says the game is not perfect and still in beta and that he doesn't want to mislead people that aside he confusingly mislead people about the Intel CPU's being the issue.

I'm happy to have my mind changed and give him the benefit of the doubt but nothing really was presented and bad on my part as I fell for the click bait title (totally not misleading btw) and entertained it.
I have an amd system and can count in one hand the amount of time the game crashed since I played in 2020 until today. It's my most played game by far...

Yes there is game bugs etc but crashes? Na hardly. Infact the last time my game crashed was due to guilded software overlay

I have an amd system and can count in one hand the amount of time the game crashed since I played in 2020 until today. It's my most played game by far...

Yes there is game bugs etc but crashes? Na hardly. Infact the last time my game crashed was due to guilded software overlay

People think the game is bad in that sense because they run one of these Intel CPU's, it all makes sense to me now, why some people in our discords are constantly crashing and no advice we give them seems to fix it, the do you have enough memory? And is it installed on an SSD? Jokes..... think about the people we know, those of us on AMD "aww man you crashed again? this is so bad, feel for you man, yeah this game can be horrible" Blaming the game ourselves but were all rock solid even in 8 hour straight sessions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom