• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

Setting up a streaming PC is one, if not the biggest ball ache for a streamer and it isnt the actual streaming of the video game, its the audio thats the main problem of getting right along with setting up microphone. Then there is using more electric with another PC. Windows updates like to break things too. These days just buy a 4080/4090 for a single PC setup.. I can stream 1440p upscaled to Youtube with my 3060Ti with 25MB bitrate and it looks great.

I know x264 can look damn good too but the majority of 2 PC setup streamers are still using NVENC on the stream PC which to me just says they're still doing it wrong. I'd be using at least a 5950X in that thing with x264.

With AV1/HEVC already on YT and coming to Twitch soon, single PC setup is the way to go for the majority of streamers. those needing a stream PC should be for a more pro streamer that do way more than just stream a game. I'm talking creating Youtube content from their Twitch stream without all the alerts, sponsor logo's etc all over it.

Its so easy to just stream these days, I've tested doing Twitch (1080p) Youtube (1440p) and Kick (1080p) all at the same time on my sig setup.. it works fine.

Perfect setup for an average streamer should be any 8 Core+ Ryzen X3D with at least a 4070Ti GPU and they're good to go.

I use an older laptop as a second machine for streaming - I solved the audio side with a very cheap ezcap216 and a basic mixer (there are some considerations for avoiding picking up noise). There are some complications in getting everything synced with the various buffer lengths involved but mostly I've been able to drop buffers to minimums without issue. (You can also use stuff like Virtual Audio Cable, etc. but I generally found that more complicated and worse results).

Windows updates are an absolute pain in the rear when it comes to streaming :( I have nothing but utter loathing for anyone involved in the development of Windows (Windows Update Blocker is a godsend in that respect long may it continue).

Comparing setups side by side - while 8 core / 16 thread CPUs can cope up to a point even with non-trivial streaming, having more cores than that can still produce more ideal results especially if you've got other companion applications running and/or want to just leave other software running in the background, etc.

Last edited:
Black Myth: Wukong Benchmark Tool runs on my 14700K, so far so good - supposedly one of the first signs of failure when it can't run that.

Back
Top Bottom