• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i9-10X processor availablity?

TrM

TrM

Associate
Why did that Puget systems review , use very slow ram for the AMD rig? It used 2933 for Intel (its rated speed for the i9-10900X), but the same ram for AMD, when TR3 is rated to 3200?

reviewers like to do Apple vs Apple comparison. You ask why cripple threadripper the next person will say why give threadripper the edge with faster ram man!
If everything was equal using the rated specs would be fine but there not and so many people think that using same ram speed is the fairest way to test. And ofc we live in a intel tech world so there specs are used.

Soldato
Why did that Puget systems review , use very slow ram for the AMD rig? It used 2933 for Intel (its rated speed for the i9-10900X), but the same ram for AMD, when TR3 is rated to 3200?

They will have used the maximum official speed supported for the number of modules used at that capacity with however many ranks.

If you were running 256GB (8x 32GB dual rank) the maximum official supported sped is 2666MHz, as an example.

Soldato
Thank you, I very much appreciate advice from this forum & would be lost without it. However in this thread, I was just asking availability. If I had been asking which chip I should get, I would definitely be taking everything on board. I don't want to upset people, but I just feel that AMD is a touch less unreliable. I've never dealt with them, I don't understand their systems. All my computers have been Intel, they generally have solid reliability. To be fair, the review didn't infer Intel was rubbish - just not as quick in most situations. I need my pc to be 100% reliable. Zero trouble, zero downloading updates to fix problems with a new product. I've some concerns about the i9-10x also being new, but it seems along the same tech as the i9-9x.

I still don't really understand what an HEDT is.

Edit:

I only do light gaming. At most, something like No Man's Sky, otherwise light stuff to relax like Two Point Hospital. I'd not intend to overclock & would be using air cooling.

Main usage: Premier Pro editing 4k H.264 & H.265, in future, 6k ProRes & Cinema DNG. Lightroom/Photoshop. Maybe After Effects in future.

Given all the security vulnerabilities that keep getting discovered with the blue teams CPU's then Intel is not for you if need don't want to spend time updating your PC.

OcUK Staff
Availability is worse than 3950X so far!

Intel are visiting tomorrow so I shall be pushing for more information, they are now available on our site for pre-order.

OcUK Staff
Thanks. Is that pricing correct or just an estimate? You're over Ingram Micro at the moment. Although to be fair, their ETA is 1/1/21 ! :)

Of course were more expensive than Ingram Micro, they are a masti distrubutor and end users cannot buy from them, you need to have a trade account. This is a retail store. :)
Our stock is coming from Ingram and their ETA is a guess, they have no clue and shall be over to Intel to shed more light on situation. :)

Back
Top Bottom