• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
so I bought the Asrock Z370 ITX Gaming. The Strix sucks now.

How so? Give more info mate :)

Look on the bright side, every day you wait it out, Z390 gets even closer. May as well wait for the proper chipset at this point.

When few pages back wrote to someone that ain't worth to upgrade right now, since we know that Z390 and 8 core CFL coming out late Q1 2018, everyone and his dog fell on me.

Associate

When few pages back wrote to someone that ain't worth to upgrade right now, since we know that Z390 and 8 core CFL coming out late Q1 2018, everyone and his dog fell on me.
I retract my previous comment. Asrock is good when dealing with memory at 1T and cache overclocking but everything else it is behind the Asus

Soldato
When first released the Strix boards were in petty poor shape. LLC didn’t work, causing bad vdroop, and XMP with multi core enhancement resulted in excessive over volting. I think that is all mostly fixed now with the latest beta bios, but it smacks of a rushed released. They also seem to be strangely stingy with rear USB ports for some reason.

Soldato
When first released the Strix boards were in petty poor shape. LLC didn’t work, causing bad vdroop, and XMP with multi core enhancement resulted in excessive over volting. I think that is all mostly fixed now with the latest beta bios, but it smacks of a rushed released. They also seem to be strangely stingy with rear USB ports for some reason.

Ofc is fixed. I have the Z370I these are long ironed issues :)

He was referring to 1T on ram.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Happy with the 8700 (non k). Basically performs exactly the same as a stock 8700k and as i won't be overclocking (need 64gb ram and rock sollid stability for DAW work)

Boosts to 4.3ghz all core and up to 4.6 on one core/low work loads

cpuz.jpg

not bad for £269

Associate
Happy with the 8700 (non k). Basically performs exactly the same as a stock 8700k and as i won't be overclocking (need 64gb ram and rock sollid stability for DAW work)

Boosts to 4.3ghz all core and up to 4.6 on one core/low work loads

cpuz.jpg

not bad for £269
What are you cooling it with, and what are temps like under load?

Soldato
I was going to go buy a 8700k but with the extreme markup with the low supply I'm just going to wait another few months to see what Ryzen+ brings, it'll be interesting to see what Icelake is like with the Z390 chipset, wonder if it'll be 8c/16t.

Associate
It's impressive how the pricing in the UK is so bad when in some countries on the continent the 8700K is at MSRP already:
01vLxah.png
£326 for the boxed version at an unnamed retailer (I don't want to get banned) in Eastern EU. In fact I counted 10 retailers with 8700K stock at close to the £330 mark.
Meanwhile in the UK... price gouging galore.

Associate
It's listed in the UK for pre-order at £349.90 at the time of writing, although when it will be dispatched I don't know. I'd imagine Easter time at a guess, so supply and demand will keep the price"Fair" until then.

Back
Top Bottom