• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
Given how Ryzen is half the price and Coffee lake will have done nothing to slow Ryzen sales, I can see a lot of pressure from the board to plug the hole as soon and as best they can.

Last edited:
Associate
The i7 8700k is starting to pop up in stock at loads of outlets now and is being sold just over its RRP price so i expect in the new year it will be back at the correct retail price of 360.00! if can currently be picked up for 375.00 inc next day delivery if you know where too look.

Soldato
Got my 8400 overclocked now using blck 102.7. Previously it was 4ghz dropping to 3.8 when maxed out and now it's 4.1ghz dropping to 3.9ghz when maxed out.

Soldato
The i7 8700k is starting to pop up in stock at loads of outlets now and is being sold just over its RRP price so i expect in the new year it will be back at the correct retail price of 360.00! if can currently be picked up for 375.00 inc next day delivery if you know where too look.

Even at retail Coffe Lake still has a pretty big price offset and the paper launch has probably had zero impact. By the time Coffe Lake stock is available Ryzen will have had a major refresh and Intel will be faced with more problems.

Soldato
What do people think or the Asrock z370m pro4? Was going to get the STRIX micro atx board, but it’s like £70 more expensive. I have a rift, so need plenty of USB ports.

Associate
What do people think or the Asrock z370m pro4? Was going to get the STRIX micro atx board, but it’s like £70 more expensive. I have a rift, so need plenty of USB ports.
Asrock this generation is miles better than any other brands including Asus in term of overclocking. Even a 4 dimm mid range board like the Asrock Z370 extreme 4 managed to oc 2 sticks of ram to 4400Mhz.

Soldato
Wow, it is really bizarre that Intel rushed Z370 out the door if Z390 is so close. It might have made sense if there was a plentiful supply of CPUs.

Yeah. I think the use of thumbs screws and accounting was behind pushing CoffeeMaker out too early along with the rehash of Z170.

Fingers crossed Z390 isn't another half cocked paper launch.

Back
Top Bottom