• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Soldato
This CPU could be a nice little upgrade to my 6 core / 12 thread i7 3930k as long as it overclocks to 4.4Ghz with a decent cooler. I'm going to keep an eye on this. Will be interesting to see how much it costs and how much the motherboards cost.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
humbug im on about stuff we all actually do most days...not benchmark for 10 seconds :p

games intel got it sown up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...view-core-i9-7900x-i7-7820x-i7-7800x-i7-7740x

Nope.

Once overclocked, the $215 R5 1600 was just 9% slower than the 7700K, while it matched the $415 7800X. I'm sure you're itching to see what the overall picture looks like so we won't wait any longer.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1450-core-i7-vs-ryzen-5-hexa-core/

Caporegime
^^^^^^^

This comment sums it all up.

That was the whole point of this article. Lower tier AMD CPU being as good as Intels high end CPU.

jliokhj.png

Impressive stuff that, >Dg< no? 4Ghz vs 4.7Ghz and 4.9Ghz

Last edited:
Soldato
If Intel stop using poor TIM and soldier the CPU and release a 6 core part with 5 GHZ I'd buy that over Zen+, unless that happens then AMD will be my next build.

Soldato

Also in that DF link they say the following:

We're still in the process of updating our AMD stats, and Ashes of the Singularity and Rise of the Tomb Raider have had Ryzen optimisation updates, so we've omitted our library results here. However, as we were looking at comparing eight-core overclocked performance, why not factor in Ryzen 7 too? After all, while we have 4.0GHz 1800X performance metrics here, the £290/$330 Ryzen 7 1700 should overclock to the same level (depending on your cooler). The results are fascinating overall, not least because even if you're still using a circa-2014 Haswell-E processor, you're still competitive with Skylake-X clock-for-clock. Indeed, in Ashes of the Singularity and Far Cry Primal, you're marginally ahead of Intel's latest and greatest.

There is not much in it,especially if you consider the Intel CPUs are clocked 10% higher too.

Caporegime
Frankly its about time we had a proper Ryzen Gaming review, what most not all have done upto this point has been a shambles, they can't help what was at the time an immature platform running slow RAM but to use mainly Tomb Raider, GTA-V and Mankind Divided in their gaming results was.... well lets just say that didn't do the chip justice at all, quite the opposite in fact.

This and Hardware Unboxed similar review is representative of the £200 Ryzen 1600 CPU in comparison to Intel's £350 7700K and 7800X, at best out of those two Intel are 10% ahead overall with higher power consumption and cooling needs.

IMO this matters for CoffeeLake because this is what Intel are up-against, perhaps even Zen+ shortly after.

Back
Top Bottom