• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

Energize said:
I bet it's been a couple of months since the last drop though. Considering cpu prices drop every week it's not suprising.

Four weeks today IIRC since the major Q2 drop. They've been quite steady since then.

*edit*

Three weeks ago today actually. OcUK dropped theirs a few days early as TWO offers on the Thursday.

Last edited:
Energize said:
I bet it's been a couple of months since the last drop though. Considering cpu prices drop every week it's not suprising.

The last drop was like ~4 weeks ago.

Thats why the Q6600 went down to £350 from something like £550

Might go for a Q6600 myself. :)

No 1333 FSB Quads there though, does anyone know if there's a big performance jump when running a Core 2 at the same clock but with a higher FSB?

I doubt there is but i've been wrong before. :o

oweneades said:
Whats the difference between the E6550 and the E6450?! They look identical and are the same price.
Easy, 1066fsb vs 1333fsb. 2.1Ghz vs 2.333Ghz. Doubt Ill wait that long, Ive already got my crucial ballistix 6400, which I bought a little too early :/.

I think if Intel dropped the prices right now, think how many people would go out and buy a Q6600/upgrade to C2D/C2Q. I know I would buy a Q6600.

They could destroy AMD if they put it that low now, so many people would go to Intel if it was that cheap now, not when AMD are going to be releasing their new CPUs a month or two after that date.

Thats my opinoin any way.

Azza said:
http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=789466&starttime=0&endtime=0

NewIntelpricedrops.png

My birthday is on the 28th July. I wonder what I will be getting, Q6600 or E6850?

You beat me to it, I was just about to start a thread with the same info. GMTA :D
My birthday is 3rd August so hopefully OC will have dropped their prices to reflect Intel's new prices by then and I will be able to build myself a nice Quad-core system.
I was planning to build the system in June, when I get back from my honeymoon but now it gives me more time to save up and get a nice 8800GTX to go with it.
Thanks poster.

how long after intel drop their prices dyah reckon that retailers will do the same? dyah reckon they'll keep em, higher for a bit to enjoy the extra profit ;)

i guess etailer prices will dro[p when they have got rid of most of their current stock..... Or one of their competitors has!

They sure wont drop straight away, or those with stock will lose money, especialy with price drops of almost 50%

Back
Top Bottom