• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

Plasmoid said:
Nice drops, but i dont know, still not enough to tempt me to ditch my 939 setup.
Factor in a mobo, the ram, its still not worth it for me.

Guess im just putting off the inevitable.
Nowt wrong with that. I'm in about the same position - running a San Diego 3700. And I intend to wait as long as I feasibly can before I upgrade. Seeing all these price drops is a good thing for me - it's showing me just how much higher I can reach when I eventually have to upgrade.

simonnance said:
i guess etailer prices will dro[p when they have got rid of most of their current stock..... Or one of their competitors has!

They sure wont drop straight away, or those with stock will lose money, especialy with price drops of almost 50%

Most retailers dropped their prices straight away last time. Intel refund the difference.

megatron said:
Do games utilize 4 cores? I dont think they do and only a handful are optimized for dual core. Gaming is the most intensive thing I do.

Thats why I haven't even switched to dual core yet. A lot of new games still don't support it, it's going to be even longer before most new games have quad core support.

Energize said:
Thats why I haven't even switched to dual core yet. A lot of new games still don't support it, it's going to be even longer before most new games have quad core support.

Pretty sure Bioshock, Crysis and UT3 are all optimized to use multiple cored CPUs. You also got Supreme Comander that is already out.

Azza said:
They could destroy AMD if they put it that low now, so many people would go to Intel if it was that cheap now

They already are :)

No point selling things too cheaply when there's no real competition. When AMD bring new stuff out, Intel will lower prices to maintain the price/performance advantage.

Glad I waited till c2d reached mainstream, was very tempted very often to upgrade, but waiting will finally pay off and i will finally pay a normall price again, will prolly go quad immediatly and skip the c2d phase for future proofing and supcom.

Cant wait to play supcom with 7 ai's and 1k unit cap :D .

Byebye amd, unless you bring out a good cpu with better value for money, you're as good as bankrupt in the future, ati's r600 a flop, new amd cpu also?

Whats interesting here is that the people that have said don't get quad core becuase you won't use it and its overkill etc... have now all changed their minds.

:D

Suddenly its now ok to get a quad I wish these poeple would make up their minds :D ;)

HEADRAT said:
Well if it's cheap enough why not :)

HEADRAT

Of course but my point was they were dissing people about getting them even at 330 quid.

And now its suddenly all ok :D

Priceless.

Quote:

"don't see the point in quad when we barely use two cores never mind four"

Couple of weeks later

" think I'll get one of these"

LMAO :D

What i personally want a quad core for is multitasking.
Often i'm running lightroom, photoshop, firefox and all my normal programs, and still want to log into Eve :P

:eek:

I may have to upgrade from my AMD 4600+ AM2 to am Intel Dual or Quad if they are going to be around those prices...and flog this heap, afterall it is pants compared to what I could have bought from Intel when I go this one. :(

InvG

nice price drops, damn shame i have absolutley no use for a quad now that it's gonna be a lot more afordable for those that need them.

easyrider said:
Suddenly its now ok to get a quad I wish these poeple would make up their minds :D ;)
People have been saying they don't want to pay a premium for technology that doesn't benefit them in 90%+ of tasks they do

Is it that hard for you to understand easy? are you always gonna misunderstand what people are telling you? :D

[edit] Or are you just a Troll?

Back
Top Bottom