• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s surprise Ryzen killer

Soldato
Yeah, and at 4.8Ghz it scores 580 points, while yes that is an actual improvement on Coffeelake is still about 10% short of Zen 3 at the same speed.

Oh and a maximum of 8 cores. the 5800X will beat it.

Its not a Ryzen killer.

TBF,Coffeelake was also lower PPC than Zen2 also. I think in applications Intel won't have many wins with it,but it might be a bit closer in games. As with anything its how Intel prices it which matters. If they price closer to close to AMD,then its not going to change much!

Associate
Yeah, and at 4.8Ghz it scores 580 points, while yes that is an actual improvement on Coffeelake is still about 10% short of Zen 3 at the same speed.

Oh and a maximum of 8 cores. the 5800X will beat it.

Its not a Ryzen killer.

How do we know it will clock to 4.9Ghz? Ice Lake/Sunny Cove had problems clocking past 3.9Ghz on 10nm :p

How is it even meant to compete with a 10900K which also has 25% more cores?

Suspended
Single Core the 1185G7 does. ^^^^^^ on 10nm.

TBF,Coffeelake was also lower PPC than Zen2 also. I think in applications Intel won't have many wins with it,but it might be a bit closer in games. As with anything its how Intel prices it which matters. If they price closer to close to AMD,then its not going to change much!

Intel can waste $3 Billion back porting to 14nm its not going to matter because given Zen 3 exists people aren't going to buy it if its too expensive and if Intel are aggressive with their pricing this time round AMD are no strangers to undercutting their competitors and with that Intel will have spent a ton of money backporting and never see that money back.

Competition is good, the problem Intel have is they are still not competing.

More than that once again Intel underestimated AMD, the didn't see Zen 3 coming in the form that it did, back porting 11000 series to 14nm may have worked against Zen 2 but it isn't competing with that architecture, its competing with a better architecture than the one Intel are backporting, whoops.... we gone and ####'### up again. One day we might learn to stop being lazy idiots.

Suspended
In essence i'm pretty sure Intel spent a fortune back porting to put AMD back in the box, their Zen 2+ box, and get their falling margins back up, IE an expensive Intel CPU actually being worth it, only AMD threw yet another grenade in Intel's plans. Intel right now: :mad:

Their only saving grace is that AMD chose this time round not to price their new CPU's so aggressively giving Intel a tiny bit of breathing room, but not too much because AMD are not adverse to sticking their middle finger up at Intel and pricing them out of the market, AMD are setting the price now...

Soldato
How do we know it will clock to 4.9Ghz? Ice Lake/Sunny Cove had problems clocking past 3.9Ghz on 10nm :p

How is it even meant to compete with a 10900K which also has 25% more cores?

It will probably lose to the 10900k in multithreaded loads.

I think you just need to take a look at Intel's internal road map leaks to see what Intel thinks about multithreaded performance - it no longer cares to compete, AMD is Intel's daddy.

Not only is Intel happy to just produce 8 core CPU's for the gaming market alone, it's also happy to not make anything to replace the Cascade lake (aka 10980xe etc).

Associate
Yes Intel may have a tiny advantage in specific tasks like some games for a short period of time.
Meanwhile Zen3 uses less power whacks 7 shades of crap out of intel in everything else.

Yup super idea.

Soldato
Yes Intel may have a tiny advantage in specific tasks like some games for a short period of time.
Meanwhile Zen3 uses less power whacks 7 shades of crap out of intel in everything else.

Yup super idea.

Nvidia's 320/350W TDP monsters have shown people don't care about power usage, just performance!

If 14nm reclaims the gaming crown it will be hilarious. When Intel eventually release a 10 or 7nm CPU, AMD will perhaps be back to Bulldozer days! :D

Associate
If 14nm reclaims the gaming crown it will be hilarious. When Intel eventually release a 10 or 7nm CPU, AMD will perhaps be back to Bulldozer days! :D

Comedian, as I said earlier Ice Lake/Sunny Cove had problems clocking past 3.9Ghz on 10nm, it's dead on arrival on 14nm.

There will be a handfull of golden engineering samples sent out with payments for infomercial articles to show that it can "compete". Then AMD will release parts on 7nm+, then 5nm.

I take no pleasure in that, I'm on my first AMD system since Barton. I want Intel to compete better.

Soldato
Nvidia's 320/350W TDP monsters have shown people don't care about power usage, just performance!

You know AMD's next cpu is 5nm right with 3nm in the pipeline.

AMD has Intel's number, the game is over, AMD is going to be ahead unless TSMC screws up

Soldato
You know AMD's next cpu is 5nm right with 3nm in the pipeline.

AMD has Intel's number, the game is over, AMD is going to be ahead unless TSMC screws up

"Game is over" - ? Can't even buy a Ryzen 5000 series currently. Rocketlake will have ample stock, due to Intel having their own fabs.

Intel wouldn't release Rocket Lake unless it's faster than Cometlake, say goodbye to the gaming performance crown!

Soldato
"Game is over" - ? Can't even buy a Ryzen 5000 series currently. Rocketlake will have ample stock, due to Intel having their own fabs.

Intel wouldn't release Rocket Lake unless it's faster than Cometlake, say goodbye to the gaming performance crown!

you cannot say that with a straight face surely, the reality is intel has terrible supply issues

intel doesn't release slower cpu? Oh really then explain why they released ice lake cpu for laptop that's slower and with less cores than coffin lake

Soldato
you cannot say that with a straight face surely, the reality is intel has terrible supply issues

intel doesn't release slower cpu? Oh really then explain why they released ice lake cpu for laptop that's slower and with less cores than coffin lake

Last few Intel CPU releases had infinitely more stock than the Ryzen 5000 series - this is fact and well known. Are you aware you literally can't find a single Ryzen 5000 CPU in stock anywhere right? Intel's last few launches were nothing like this, as they have their own fabs.

I'll be bowing out at this point, no point arguing when you struggle to see that Ryzen 5000 are completely out of stock everywhere, weeks after release.

Back
Top Bottom