Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Recently getting into the dating game some of the replies ive gotten seem to be 3 word resonses it just tells me a lack of interest and repling fir the sake of replying.

Am i right?

Very rare I reply to such a short email. I get a few like "hi how r u " etc....

Nah, sorry love. If you can't be arsed to even spell words properly you aren't the sort for me.

Soldato
that's quite the effort.. there's a site I never use but it send me notifications.. 95% of the messages I get are the auto "wink wink" - its just a darn "click" that's all it is.. even tho some of the chicks are hot I genuinely can't be bothered to try with them when they make no effort to put a little message together..

Associate
Gave up with online after about 9 months of basically zero success. Complete waste of time for me! Slightly annoying how it's so much less effort for others. Ah well, such is life.

Exploring other options now. Attempted speed dating recently which was different!

Soldato
Online seems a waste of time unless you some sort of stud or something. Not one reply for me, well that's a lie I got a reply off one but it turned out to by my ex stalking me. :(

I agree with this^^
Even the whales seem to have far too high standards on there, think i'll stick to my left hand for a while :(

Associate
well yes. this is what I have been saying for literally years and no one seems to believe me but always say "oh you are a downer" or "you are a pessimist" or "be positive"... its like er? im saying the truth!!!

this is how it is unfortunately. us ugly mugs have to put up with it. :(

Associate
I'd say I'm average tbh, but seems that it is difficult to get a look in online. At least in the flesh you can use a bit of charm to initiate things. Trouble is, as I'm sure many of you have found is meeting people when everyone you know is coupled up!

Soldato
I think some things need clarifying.

Women on dating websites get inundated with messages, therefore, if you don't stand out to them, or you're not Mr Fantastic, you probably wont get a reply.

Same goes for messages, if a girl who you find attractive messages you, and the profile seems fine enough, reply, most of the time, it's hard figuring out what to say.

maj

maj

Soldato
Well I've re-written my profile a few times now. I tried some one else's advice in here and tried to come across as cocky and arrogant, but it didn't change anything. Maybe I just couldn't pull it off. Rather than writing about myself I had multiple choice questions they had to answer before I'd chat. Didn't work so I've gone back to my probably somewhat boring mundane profile.

I don't do any interesting hobbies that would make me stand out, I tend to just do what everyone else seems to do in their spare time. Maybe my pictures could be better but it's very rarely I get my photo taken and if I do I usually have a drink in my hand.

Soldato
Had the odd situation of a girl coming on to me in the pub the other night. Actually freaked me out and after chatting for a few hours made me realise that I'm just not cut out for dating right now. Bleh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I've re-written my profile a few times now. I tried some one else's advice in here and tried to come across as cocky and arrogant, but it didn't change anything. Maybe I just couldn't pull it off. Rather than writing about myself I had multiple choice questions they had to answer before I'd chat. Didn't work so I've gone back to my probably somewhat boring mundane profile.

I don't do any interesting hobbies that would make me stand out, I tend to just do what everyone else seems to do in their spare time. Maybe my pictures could be better but it's very rarely I get my photo taken and if I do I usually have a drink in my hand.

Go out with a camera and a tripod and make some **** up then. :D

Timer delay > Pose > Post > Win > Bang

Soldato
To be honest even if you get replies and go on dates it doesn't often get much better, I've been on way too many first dates, they often go great, lots of laughing, no awkward silences, hand holding, kisses etc and yet more often than not they still don't want a second. :confused:

Associate
To be honest even if you get replies and go on dates it doesn't often get much better, I've been on way too many first dates, they often go great, lots of laughing, no awkward silences, hand holding, kisses etc and yet more often than not they still don't want a second. :confused:

are you not clicking-on yet ?

There's no second date because these women are not exclusively chatting to you. Even before you've went on your date they've probably arranged a couple more dates with other men for the days/weeks following yours.

Don't believe me? Ask them.

Soldato
Aye will give that a go. Happy to try anything to improve my profile at the moment.

Any feedback appreciated whether good or bad.
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=65122430

I know my headline and opening line is cheesy but it was just for a bit of fun and has worked in the past.

When I clicked on the link the first pic that appeared had two people in it. If this is your main pic change it to one of just you to avoid confusion.

Also maybe make it a bit less generic, for example you describe yourself as a bit of a thrill seeker but don't elaborate, unless going to live gigs and stand up shows is your definition of thrill seeking :)

Associate
I agree with this^^
Even the whales seem to have far too high standards on there, think i'll stick to my left hand for a while :(

I read one profile, from a whale as you so eloquently put it, who identified as feminist although very much came over as anti male, and literally had a huge freaking checklist of things you must be/must not be / must think / cannot say etc, all alongside rants about vaginal prolapse being a possible result of birth, so you better not have any thoughts about sex.

I can't imagine she gets many messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom