Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Met my wife on PoF, been married 6yrs, still going strong, 2 lovely boys now too. The key i found was not lying that i like playing football when in reality i just love watching it ;) basically not saying im something im not, which is common sense. Also i wrote clearly on my profile, i wanted to meet someone to build a life with, settle down and have kids, no timewasters please.

Funnily enough my wifes profile was pretty much identical (apart from the football bit), i had been married previously and didnt last more than 2yrs, married for all the wrong reasons.

Think i had 3 dates from PoF before i met my wife, end of the day relationships and marriage work well the more your willing to invest and put into them.

Soldato
Just a quick question for you all really, how far is everyone willing to travel to go on a date?

My problem is, I've been online dating for more or less 2 years, had one or two which could have gone somewhere, but didn't for one reason or another. But I honestly don't like any of the girls who are in my area (Mostly Orange scousers).

Most of the girls which I would like to see, live atleast 45 minutes away by car, which I'm not too sure about. I work shifts so it could be an issue, but who knows.

I still swear by Match though. Had at least 40-50 dates from there over the years. They certainly weren't fake. :p

The issue I have with Match is that everyone can have a profile, but not everyone can read and send messages. If they allowed you to see who had an active profile, maybe I'd try it.

Last edited:
Associate
I met both my current girlfriend (of 5 years) and my ex (who I was with for about 2 years) on okcupid.com, was a pretty good site at the time (had a fair few dates from it actually, more than can be said for any others I tried) :) Not sure what it's like these days though with all the phone apps etc you can use. Also had a date or two from POF, but most people didn't respond to be honest.

Soldato
On the subject of distance, I met my current girlfriend on OkCupid. She lived in Southampton and I live in Bristol. We're still together 4 years later and she moved to Bristol 2 years ago, including transferring her course from Bournemouth Uni to UWE.

Helps that she didn't really like Southampton and loved Bristol, and those 1.5 odd years of distance were difficult but worth it. We've been living together for over a year and she graduated a few months ago with a First Class Honors, now works at the main Bristol hospital which is 5 minutes away and both very happy!

Just saying, no point in writing distance off really because you never know the end result.

bwj1Dwj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom