** iOS 8 **

Soldato
Just managed to install iOS 8 on my iPhone 5

Most of the features are a bit mehh if i'm honest/ Great to have them but not much stand out awesome just yet.
One thing I am finding most useful though is cross application integration
This is a great example of how useful this could be:
AsrEJ0k.jpg.png

To me it seemed like this update is all about what 3rd party devs can do, as opposed to apple doing something. IT won't have as big an impact as previous iOS updates, however given time, I think it might be the best update.

Caporegime
At last the camera app gets a self-timer mode and manual exposure controls. Well overdue.

Can you now set Google Maps to be the default map application? I don't think you can in iOS 7?

Soldato
I haven't seen what they touted of photo management as I tuned out during the show last night towards the end.

The only thing keeping me to android tbh is its proper/superior ability to let ME manage my photos the way I want. I absolutely hate iOS's gallery and the fact that I can't organise my images. If they ever fix that I'll be back to ios fast.

Overall its great to see ios getting all these new toys, and so many api's being available to developers.

Same here. It's such a pitch on occasion. Although still using an iphone 5 I'm being tempted away by windows phones more for a change than anything else. S

Soldato
I have a question about sending SMS' messages from iPad

I know that for phone calls on iPad that both your iPhone and iPad would need to be on the same wi-fi network to receive and make calls but what about with SMS messages, will both devices need to on the same wi-fi network i.e.. in the same general location, or could I say take my ipad out without anything else and still be able to send / receive sms messages as well as imessages? :confused:

Soldato
Any devs here?
Apparently they get 100 devices that they can register UDID's for so if there are any I wouldnt mind having mine registered so I can play on my MiniR

Soldato
I have a question about sending SMS' messages from iPad

I know that for phone calls on iPad that both your iPhone and iPad would need to be on the same wi-fi network to receive and make calls but what about with SMS messages, will both devices need to on the same wi-fi network i.e.. in the same general location, or could I say take my ipad out without anything else and still be able to send / receive sms messages as well as imessages? :confused:

You can't send or receive SMS on an iPad :confused:

Soldato
Any devs here?
Apparently they get 100 devices that they can register UDID's for so if there are any I wouldnt mind having mine registered so I can play on my MiniR

I believe those are for Beta program so you can install apps outside the appstore, not 100% sure. I think each dev can add 6 people too their account.

https://imzdl.com/

I used these guys for Yosemite, not sure if I would trust them with UDIDs, but is it a lot less useless since a huge amount got stolen a while back.

iOS8 is actual very interesting now. Been reading a lot, some of the security stuff is good, I'm always worried going on public WiFi networks and now it has a lot of stuff built in so they can't track you. Along with most of the things I love about Android making it too iOS, still need to see how well they implement them.

Soldato
So I can just stick it on without registering it as a dev device?

No your UUID needs to be registered, but those 100 UUID a developer gets is so they can send users beta versions of their app, and the beta user can install it through iTunes I believe.

The site I linked says they can handle the UUID portion off it for you, not 100% sure if you should trust them with it thou.

Soldato
I have some spaces on my personal developer account as it's largely unused at the moment.

I can even send you developer certificates if you want to deploy any of your own apps for personal use to a device for a small donation to help me recover some costs ;)

Soldato
Installing now...

I have these on my FTP server if anyone else wants to have a go, supplied as is, havent tested them all etc not my fault if you brick stuff etc......

Erm, no trading, he did it for nothing.....

Soldato
lol got it on my MiniR now, anyone else having issues with their itunes account, keeps asking me for the password, which I have put in and know is right, cant turn on the iCloud keychain nor turn off Find My iPad....
Its picked up my Clash of Clans saves but not my Frozen ones, damn you Disney lol

Associate
Thats your issue - do a fresh install and setup the device

Then turn off icloud backup because your ios8 icloud data cant be used on ios7 should you want to go back

Associate
I have some spaces on my personal developer account as it's largely unused at the moment.

I can even send you developer certificates if you want to deploy any of your own apps for personal use to a device for a small donation to help me recover some costs ;)

Would like to get IOS 8 beta if possible? ta :)

Back
Top Bottom