** iOS 8 **

Soldato
I managed to get my US CC added to my iPhone over here in the UK.

Followed the instructions here

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/21/apple-pay-australia/

Now to find an NFC terminal and try it out! :D

I tested 3 of my UK based cards and they all returned errors saying the bank didn't support them yet :(

The scanner that uses the camera to OCR capture the data on the CC is fantastic and so fast! Saves loads of time typing anything from the front of the card in. You only have to type in the CCV no. on the back.

So how is everyone finding 8.1?

Dare I say battery is a bit better, but I'm starting to worry that my 5S is on the fritz. Dumped 3% of battery within 30 seconds of being unplugged this morning at 8am, and now it's sat at 97% still.

Wifi is still mental, decides to randomly drop and reconnect. Guess my AP isn't a "certain type" that was fixed.

Soldato
This is starting to annoy me now. Does anyone know how to stop Safari skipping to the top everytime you go back when browsing? This happens on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air.

Soldato
Lack of an update to Whats App that's optimised for the new screen sizes is starting to annoy me now.

Facebook are too busy pushing out brand new apps supposed to replicate the forum experience instead of maintaining their current portfolio of releases properly.

Associate
My old man has been trying to update to 8.1 on his air but for some reason it won't update when he hits the agree button (when he hits agree a little pop up opens, then hit agree again and nowt happens and you then can't get out of it back to the settings page unless you close the settings altogether and close it via task manager thing (4 finger swipe up)

Soldato
Do a reset of your network settings - it fixed my problems immediately.

Only temporarily, will grind to a halt again within hours.

Brand new 5S today (dropped the old one down the toilet!), did a clean wipe, restore of 8.1 and setup as a new user. 12 hours later exactly the same problems. All other devices connected to the router are fine. Asus RT-N66u on Sky Fibre if anyone's interested.

Soldato
Hi folks

I have got a personal ip6 but I have also just been given a ip6 for work too. Totally vanilla out of the box, both running iOS 8.0.

I am noticing some issues and I can't seem to fix them.

For example, on my personal ip6 under settings>mobile>use mobile data for: there is a long list of apps.

On my work ip6 only passbook and facetime are listed.

In the office I currently work in I have a difference in signal strength too. My personal phone has GPRS (listed as O2-UK GPRS in the signal area), but my work one has basic GSM (Or what I assume is GSM - listed simply as O2-UK).

I cannot seem to add my mail account to the use mobile data list on my work phone. I should note there are no restrictions set on the handset at all.

I am working in an office where o2 has no or very little signal. But allowing data roaming where I know there is good 3G/4G signal on EE an 3 does nothing. No improvement in signal strength/data availability at all. This is the same on both phones. I have tried with 4G on and off also, it makes no difference. Tried turning the phones off and on and cycling the different options, but nothing is working.

Has anyone got any advice?

Associate
I'm finding Safari a bit fiddly with 8.1 on my iPad Mini Retina.
No performance issues but sometimes I have to tap links 2-3 times for it to register in many cases. I didn't have this problem before.

Other than this it's fine - I've adjusted to the auto-hide tabs.

EDIT - seems fine now, after a soft reset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom