** iOS 8 **

Soldato
I managed to fix my woes with IOS 8. I swapped my ipad at Argos I now have IOS 7 on an Ipad mini Retina and the difference is sublime.

After being forced to use IOS 8 for a few weeks going back to 7 feels amazing.

Apple should not force people to upgrade or have no option to downgrade.

Soldato
I sold my mini retina after ios 8 update. I miss it but moved to a Tab S 8.4 and haven't looked back. Watching the mini 3 with interest though

Soldato
OK, I'm totally confused. I've installed Swiftkey and for some reason I can't swipe type.I can't see a setting anywhere to enable it.... Am I doing something stupid here?

Soldato
OK, I'm totally confused. I've installed Swiftkey and for some reason I can't swipe type.I can't see a setting anywhere to enable it.... Am I doing something stupid here?

You have to the give the keyboard "full access" in settings. Bear in mind, this gives SwiftKey the ability to see/log everything you type.

Soldato
You have to the give the keyboard "full access" in settings. Bear in mind, this gives SwiftKey the ability to see/log everything you type.

Yeah, I've already done that, it made no difference. After a bit of Googling it seems it is disabled on some earlier iPads due to "memory restrictions". Mine is the iPad 3.

Associate
Does anyone else get like stuck message notifications etc? can't swipe them up or anything?

Happens all the time to me on Iphone 6plua 8.0.2.. really annoying!

Soldato
Does any one else get it where their screen is unresponsive after unlocking? I keep getting it where the keyboard won't respond after opening up messages.

And yesterday my phone rang, but it didn't display as ringing!

Hope 8.1 fixes a lot of these bugs, as this is by far the worst release I've ever encountered.

Back
Top Bottom