iPad owners upgrading to iPad 2?

Soldato
Who is going to do it?

I am in two minds. I want a retina display on my iPad, and I don't know how far away it is. Some people rumour Apple are launching a 'surprise' something this fall.

I do like the fact it is thinner and lighter, I think the iPad is too heavy right now. I'd also appreciate the engineering of that smart cover thing a lot.

Soldato
I will eat my hat if another iPad is released this year, it would make no sense at all.

At the end of all the presentations for iPad2 they close with the words "2011 year of the iPad2"

Soldato
I'll be passing my existing iPad to my parents as it makes a good 'unbreakable' device for them to experience the internet on, and to browse through years of photos easily.

The only reason I want a v2 is because 256mb was poor for web browsing. In my mind the v2 had to have more ram and early reviews state that their device had 512mb - good enough for me. The 'smart' cover worries the hell out of me as it makes direct contact with the screen. If dirt/debris build up on the screen (and they will) the friction from that cover can cause small scratches - unlike the present apple case for the v1 iPad, which is raised above screen level.

Associate
No reason to upgrade, this one is quick as I need it and wtf do I need cameras on a tablet for?

When they push out one with a retina screen then I'll be tempted

Associate
I'm in the market for a 2nd ipad for the household so probably will get an Ipad 2, won't bother with 3g this time around as have only used that twice in the past 8 months

Associate
Not until a screen update comes along or it supports flash :) , the v1 is great for what I use it for at the moment.

+1

Double screen resolution = reason to upgrade. Flash isn't going to happen but as Adobe have released flash to HTML5 conversion tools it might not be quite so annoying moving forwards.

IPad 2 for most iPad owners I suspect is a nice to have rather than a must have. iPad 3 whether this year or next is likely to tempt more people methinks.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I will eat my hat if another iPad is released this year, it would make no sense at all.

At the end of all the presentations for iPad2 they close with the words "2011 year of the iPad2"

This.

I can forsee an iPhone 5, an update to the Apple TV but not an updated iPad3.

Caporegime
Some people rumour Apple are launching a 'surprise' something this fall.

remember their last great "surprise"

it was that the beatles were coming to itunes :rolleyes:

Just like the SD Card Slot rumours, Retina display rumours, 128gb storage rumours & the mini displayport rumours for the ipad 2. Its all just people dreaming.

Last edited:
Caporegime
remember their last great "surprise"

it was that the beatles were coming to itunes :rolleyes:

Just like the SD Card Slot rumours, Retina display rumours, 128gb storage rumours & the mini displayport rumours for the ipad 2. Its all just people dreaming.

There are a few things Apple will stick to.

1 - yearly renewal for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch.
2 - no SD card slot, this allows expansion and that defeats the point of the memory size tier sales pitch and it opens the device to install/corrupt from external source. Apple likes control, so this will never happen.
3 - retina, not for at least 2 generations at least, just think of the cost, if you think the iPad is expensive now, DO NOT MOAN if they put retina in an charges £500 more. Because that's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom