Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by pioneer2000, Sep 20, 2019.
If they bring back TouchID in some form (I guess through the display) then I'll be sold.
Not sure we'll get that on the 2020 version.
Though there are rumours they have made the face ID sensor much smaller, so at least there's going to be a much smaller notch (I hope anyway)
I use my phone for all my contactless payments so the finger print scanner is far easier than Face ID. So it’s really touch ID I’d prefer than a smaller Face ID.
Damn, as a 7 plus user im in a very similar boat to you. I use touch ID apple pay for basically 95% of all my payments (the other 5% being cash). You can still use face ID but I do get its not as quick. Hopefully the find a way to make face ID quicker and useful from more angles
Just get an Apple Watch, way more convenient for Apple Pay
I don't see Touch ID coming back, perhaps on a more budget model.
Already have one, but I still prefer using it on my phone tbh Maybe because its an old series 2, so feels a bit slow these days, so might need to upgrade it.
Also, I think Apple had some patents and leaks a while back about under the glass finger print sensors, so I can definitely see it happening in the future. Its not like its the same touch ID we've had previously where it's on a button
Really do hope they ditch the "12" from their naming this year.
Just keep it simple: iPhone, iPhone Pro & & iPhone Pro Max.
Thats silly, what will they call it next year then?
I think this naming scheme is definitely much better than what it used to be with the S and R models which can get confusing.
Though I think Samsung calling it the S20 for 2020 and I assume S21 for next year is actually a better way of doing it as it keeps things much easier to follow
Even having a S2 and S3 since launch I still feel like a bit of a tit when I pay using my watch. Whereas I don't feel silly using my phone, no idea why!
Rumour mill is kicking up.
Reportedly the new iPhone 12 Pro at least - with a smaller notch in tow.
Fourth camera LIRA sensor like on the new iPads.
iOS 14 will also reportedly allow widgets on the homescreen and have a potential app list.
Smaller notch incoming by the looks of things! Even though for 2020 its still far too big, but its definitely looking better than that huge one we have currently.
Looks like most of my wishlist is coming true for the latest iphone, and im all for it!
Absolutely. They have to name the generations in some way, Samsung's method seems pretty sensible.
Yeah I like what Samsung have done, keeps following the phones much easier as they are released year by year.
1, 2, 4, 5 look like they have a high chance of coming with this years phone based on leaks/rumours.
Also heard some rumours about 7 coming true, but haven't heard much. Only thing i really wish to see that hasn't really been mentioned in USB-C
Earpiece has been relocated to the top bezel
anyone got a side by side of how the size of this notch compares to the current one?
Already looks substantially smaller. I'm a fan.
Though I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade from my 11PM. I wasn't even going to upgrade to this one from the XSM but it worked out cheaper for me to do so.
Not only that, but the bezels are thinner as well!
Only thing im a bit concerned about is if the phone is thin like the current ipads, they have a very bad bending problem, and my phone is constantly in my pocket.
Doesn’t look substantially shallower, just narrower which is almost exclusively achieved by moving up the speaker grill and lining up the sensors underneath.
Will we have to say goodbye to the amplified top speaker to make it fit?
Yeah all the internals look exactly the same size, its just the speaker has been moved into the bezel. So much for making face ID and all the other parts smaller?
Separate names with a comma.