• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
My 5S had excellent battery life, a full days use would see the battery drop to around 40%, left overnight off charge sometimes too!

Soldato
My 5S had excellent battery life, a full days use would see the battery drop to around 40%, left overnight off charge sometimes too!

Do you ever take the phone out of your pocket? haha.

Show your 'Time since last full charge' please. I'm willing to bet in that 'Full days use' 22 hours of that are standby :p

Soldato
Depends what you classify as 'full' use... If it is using it when you need it, not worrying about power etc... and having everything that you need running (push notifications etc...) then why wouldn't he get a full days use?

Heck, I get two "full" days use out of it on a single charge.

Man of Honour
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Apple have planned for the new iPhone.

It's safe to say the Galaxy S5 has been a big disappointment from an innovation perspective, but I have no doubt it'll sell well and it's still a great phone. The other new Android phones have more or less been what's expected so far, incremental spec bumps. HTC are still to come though.

Given the iPhone 5S was an incremental spec bump over the iPhone 5, a new design and plenty of interesting tweaks should be in order for the new iPhone.

Apple have a great chance to prove they're still the top dog when it comes to driving the industry forward. For all the criticism they get, they're still the best at bringing new technology to market, Samsung's fingerprint sensor on the S5 for example looks a right bodge (to operate); maybe it's a software thing, but who knows.

If they can further add useful features to iOS and perhaps a bit of customisation, I think they could win over a LOT of current Android users, especially ones who find 5"+ screens to be too big. The S5 is pretty large, considerably more so than the S4:

Y07kYlil.jpg.png
Gp843KMl.jpg
JvfSYtUl.jpg.png

Things I realistically expect:
  • Larger screen, 4.5 or 4.7 inches at the very least, 1080p res
  • A result of the larger screen means a bigger battery (think battery tech is still behind everything else)
  • Next iteration of the Apple A7 chip, likely A8 I suppose with 2GB RAM
  • A reconsideration of the home button design, to get the size of the top and bottom bezel down
  • An all new design, lighter, thinner, the usual
  • 13/16 megapixel camera, further improved in low light
  • Probably 4k video recording, as 4k TV's are starting to come to market now, but 1080p would still be fine
  • 32GB version to be the base model, no more 16
  • 128GB max storage as an option
  • The screen tech is pretty fine, can't imagine any great changes to the usual IPS panel

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Things I realistically expect:
  • Larger screen, 4.5 or 4.7 inches at the very least, 1080p res
  • A result of the larger screen means a bigger battery (think battery tech is still behind everything else)
  • Next iteration of the Apple A7 chip, likely A8 I suppose with 2GB RAM
  • A reconsideration of the home button design, to get the size of the top and bottom bezel down
  • An all new design, lighter, thinner, the usual
  • 13/16 megapixel camera, further improved in low light
  • Probably 4k video recording, as 4k TV's are starting to come to market now, but 1080p would still be fine
  • 32GB version to be the base model, no more 16
  • 128GB max storage as an option
  • The screen tech is pretty fine, can't imagine any great changes to the usual IPS panel

If the iPhone 6 has most of these features, then i know whats my next phone.

But knowing Apple, they'll just improve by a little. :(

Soldato
After seeing the S5, ill be keeping hold of my S3 until the specs of the iPhone 6 have been confirmed, you never know, if Apple do their jobs right they might get another sheep :)

Similar here. Sold the S3, had a moto G for a few weeks which is even better than that I had hoped. Next upgrade is end of October. Moto G has really separated Samsung and android for me. Currently, I would be looking at the Z1 compact and moto x but still hopeful on the iphone 6. Perfect timing all round really :D

32GB version to be the base model, no more 16

This!
I know iphone is expensive but it's at least comparable with other high end phones. Once you opt for a higher than base model storage, it just gets silly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Same as the current one but 1% faster, some more camera resolution and 8 trillionths of a mm thinner, with accompanying patronising video. Bored now, Jobs gone, just another company. Bar hum bug

Associate
I think that is probably going to realistically be the case. Bit faster, bit more resolution, bit bigger battery, etc. Not sure what else we could realistically expect.

Man of Honour
I think that is probably going to realistically be the case. Bit faster, bit more resolution, bit bigger battery, etc. Not sure what else we could realistically expect.

A focus on the fundamentals would be nice. Making it the 'very best' phone it could be at making a phone call. I think that would be a massive innovation and really worth an upgrade as it never has been a very good phone.

These sorts of threads have become the same. Lots of ambition, lots of very good would likes, only to be disappointed when Apple delivers something much the same as the last one but with some big words and nice videos of people dressed in short sleeved shirts.

Permabanned
OP
At least we get a new design this time. I think we will have something special from Apple, I'm expecting:

Apple A8
iOS 8
4.7-5" screen 2048x1536, retina+?
Slimmer bezel
32Gb-128Gb storage
Further camera improvements, 12 Mpixel
Better battery due to bigger chassis

Soldato
One thing I would be interested in is faster charge times, the Note 3 for example charges faster then the 5s with a battery more then twice the size. That is just crazy.

JT0zc5U.png

Associate
A focus on the fundamentals would be nice. Making it the 'very best' phone it could be at making a phone call. I think that would be a massive innovation and really worth an upgrade as it never has been a very good phone.

These sorts of threads have become the same. Lots of ambition, lots of very good would likes, only to be disappointed when Apple delivers something much the same as the last one but with some big words and nice videos of people dressed in short sleeved shirts.

xD

I really only want more battery and a new design. Quicker charge time would be nice too as mentioned above.

Soldato
I struggle to believe this chart. I've had an S3 and a Moto X, and my G2 seems quicker than both.

The G2 might be a little quicker on the same charger, both G2 and Note 3 use Qualcomms quick charge 2.0 platform.

The point is the iPhone 5S has a slightly smaller battery compared to the old One S, the iPhone 6 could hit 100% in almost one hour using the latest power management.
Does it matter? For me yes, I just top up my HOS when needed. 30 mins is good for about a days use.

Fingers crossed for a 4.3-4.7" screen.

Associate
Biggest things that would make me upgrade from 5 are larger screen and battery. The 5 battery is just 2 small, I normally end up plugging it in during the day I would recommend something along the lines of 3000mAh, this would really set the iphone apart in terms of battery life and last considerably longer. Not really interested in anything else.

Soldato
I could be tempted back to apple if the new phone has a 4.7" (at least) screen and 32gb base storage.

The thing I worry about is if they have to sizes, the base big one will be at least £630 (smaller will be £530) which just isn't a competitive enough price. They'll have to bring the price of their larger phone in line with the other high end Android phones.

Back
Top Bottom