• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hmm restoring from icloud you say? Is it any better/different to backing up on PC and restoring from PC?

Can I restore from an iPhone 5 backup? Or is it better to setup as new?

If you restore from Icloud on your phone, you'll get a list of available restore points to choose from, no reason why you couldn't restore from an Iphone 5. :)

Man of Honour
6 all working well, Clov!s. A very quick backup and restore from the 4S. So much quicker now and nicer screen (size and quality). Just waiting for the Incipio case to arrive which I had before (very thin hard plastic).

Soldato
Goddam iPhone 6S 128gb got a scratch on its glass !!! :( So much for 'the strongest glass ever' statement from Apple at the press conference. I've not run with screen protectors since the 4, and never ever had so much as a hairline scratch. I'm also careful as in never putting in my pocket with keys and what not, so its a bit of a mystery how this happened. As i must have had a lapse of concentration one day for this to have happened. But with the phone only being less than 60days old, i'm not going to live with this til the 7 comes out.

Looks like i'll be hitting up the Apple store later for an exchange. They'll swap it out for me.

Soldato
6 all working well, Clov!s. A very quick backup and restore from the 4S. So much quicker now and nicer screen (size and quality). Just waiting for the Incipio case to arrive which I had before (very thin hard plastic).

Glad to hear you like it. :) They are great phones, Apple have done a brilliant job with the 6+6s. :)

Soldato
Goddam iPhone 6S 128gb got a scratch on its glass !!! :( So much for 'the strongest glass ever' statement from Apple at the press conference. I've not run with screen protectors since the 4, and never ever had so much as a hairline scratch. I'm also careful as in never putting in my pocket with keys and what not, so its a bit of a mystery how this happened. As i must have had a lapse of concentration one day for this to have happened. But with the phone only being less than 60days old, i'm not going to live with this til the 7 comes out.

Looks like i'll be hitting up the Apple store later for an exchange. They'll swap it out for me.

I'll be surprised if you get an exchange for something you have done yourself.

Apple's customer service is good, but not that good.

Associate
I'm getting bored of iOS and Apple's approach - they are far too restrictive and have shifted to profits more so than the consumer. Including just 1GB of ram in the 6 plus last year was a bad move, especially considering its target audience. This 6 plus shudders in areas it really shouldn't do. Not moving from a base 16GB iPhone is a bad move, especially considering the 4K camera on the 6S and Live Photo. I'm not a fan of how they 'hold back' on functionality, the split screen mode for example, should be included on the 6S Plus - it's not and we will see it on the '7'.

I do think times are changing and Apple will have to change their attitude, yes, they changed the smart phone world but the smart phone world is moving on and people are demanding more. People do care about specs now, whereas previously they didn't.

Soldato
Anyone else have an issue with it displaying strong signal and data but yet you have no network when you go into apps?

I don't know if it is the phone or my provider (O2) that is the problem. The phone shows me 3G while I'm at work but no network functions operate.

Has anyone else also notice a little 'play' in the Home button? Is this normal? if you put a thumb on each side you can kind of rock it back and forth, if you just touch it it can also sound like it is becoming 'unstuck'.

Associate
Anyone else have an issue with it displaying strong signal and data but yet you have no network when you go into apps?

I don't know if it is the phone or my provider (O2) that is the problem. The phone shows me 3G while I'm at work but no network functions operate.

Has anyone else also notice a little 'play' in the Home button? Is this normal? if you put a thumb on each side you can kind of rock it back and forth, if you just touch it it can also sound like it is becoming 'unstuck'.

It's not normal, try resetting your network settings...

Soldato
I'm getting bored of iOS and Apple's approach - they are far too restrictive and have shifted to profits more so than the consumer. Including just 1GB of ram in the 6 plus last year was a bad move, especially considering its target audience. This 6 plus shudders in areas it really shouldn't do. Not moving from a base 16GB iPhone is a bad move, especially considering the 4K camera on the 6S and Live Photo. I'm not a fan of how they 'hold back' on functionality, the split screen mode for example, should be included on the 6S Plus - it's not and we will see it on the '7'.

I do think times are changing and Apple will have to change their attitude, yes, they changed the smart phone world but the smart phone world is moving on and people are demanding more. People do care about specs now, whereas previously they didn't.

The fact that iPhone sales are increasing - at the expense of Android and Windows phone - and they currently take something insane like 90% of all smartphone profits (and again, this is increasing) suggests otherwise to be honest.
Although personally I would like to see the 16gb replaced its not a big deal, I'm happy with the price of the 64gb models.

Back
Top Bottom