Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
1) I use the Silicon case, fits perfectly and the phone has survived a few drops onto my laminate floor. I don't use a screen protector.
2) Yeah it's pricey, but it's nice though and does hold the phone in securely. I'm in two minds about getting one.
3) This is totally up to you. Apple do advertise that you may be covered after Apple Care has finished, plus you have insurance.
4) I went Android > iPhone > Android and now back on iPhone. I won't be switching back.

Once you turn it on and get it set up, you'll go from thinking about phones to not thinking about phones. The iPhone is a masterclass at blending into your life, it's so intuitive to use that you really don't need to think about it.

I just don't understand why they didn't make the battery the full length. It's just odd.

Agreed, it does seem daft. If you're going to use a battery pack, you've already consigned yourself to the size increase compromise so you might as well go all the way.

-

At risk of inciting the Apple afficianados, I honestly despair at what's going on with Apple of late. Constant rehashes of products, squeezing out every last drop from each product line and now with the accessories and accessories for your accessories.

I'm preparing myself to shift from the Apple mobile ecosystem if the 7 goes the way I think it's going to go, well if this daft headphone rumour plays out.

Apple get criticised for form over function all the time - now its function over form people still aren't happy. The reviews are quite positive though - end of they day that type of product is always going to look a bit naff.

Apple get criticised for form over function all the time - now its function over form people still aren't happy. The reviews are quite positive though - end of they day that type of product is always going to look a bit naff.

True, but in this instance they really could have done a better job. Or better yet, realised a 6S LL (long life) or something that was a bit fatter and had a bigger battery on board.

My initial thought after seeing the pictures was WTF were Apple thinking, but once you think about it and realise the design constraints due to Mophie's patents it kind of makes sense.

I was in on of the Apple stores this afternoon and asked if I could have a play with one.

First of all, it looks way better in person than they do in the pics.

Apparently the one reason for not doing a full back is that Mophie have some kind of patent preventing a battery spanning the full length.

It actually works quite well though, it enables it to look and feel much less bulky than the other battery cases. My dad and sister both have the Mophie and it feels incredibly chunky to me. This feels so much better in the hand and doesn't seem anywhere near as chunky due to the majority of the case being normal case size and thickness.

I'm sure weight was also a factor, it's pretty heafty at it's current size, research might have shown it was uncomfortably heavy if the battery spanned the entire back.

The hump is pretty good for grip.

It's got some good things going for it too:

*Getting it in and out is incredibly easy, so much better than any of the other battery cases I've used which means you could quite easily keep the case as backup in your backpack if out an about to use only in an emergency if you really don't want it on all the time.

*It's the only case (I think) that uses a lighting connector, which is a must for me. This means I can use it with all the docks that I've spent a chunk of change investing in.

It doesn't have the on/off switch like a lot of others, but I imagine it could potentially be something they could implement as a software toggle in the future. TBH I'm not fussed about that though.

I walked into the store thinking this was one of the worst designed pieces of kit I've ever seen Apple release....I walked out with one on my phone :o

Figured I'd give it a test run for a week and see how I get along, so far it actually seems like a pretty decent piece of kit. The white on white looks really good too.

I can imagine it being very popular with people who like to game on their phones frequently or use the camera, video, GPS etc. a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom