• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I've the option of choosing the 6S new unlocked for €45 or the 6S Plus for €120.

I need a new phone as I'm currently on a battered HTC One M7, don't necessarily want to go Apple but for those prices its a no brainer.

Thoughts?

Associate
A quick question, my iPhone 5S (which has been excellent) is about to go out of contract and I'm torn between a iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S. By far the most important aspect for me is battery life (and it's really why I'm not going to keep using the 5S). Those that have had the 6S+ and the 6+ which had the better battery life (reviews on line are mixed).

Thanks in advance,

Ultra

Soldato
A quick question, my iPhone 5S (which has been excellent) is about to go out of contract and I'm torn between a iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S. By far the most important aspect for me is battery life (and it's really why I'm not going to keep using the 5S). Those that have had the 6S+ and the 6+ which had the better battery life (reviews on line are mixed).

Thanks in advance,

Ultra

6s+

Permabanned
Problem with them is if you are in a low signal area it tends to the make the signal none existent. Well thats what I found anyway.

I haven't received any signal problems what so ever.

What sort of battery life do you get using one of these?

Not really sure I want to bulk out my phone that much really.

I don't mind it, it's not that thick plus it protects it a little bit more. There is only an extension on the bottom of the phone really but by about half a CM.

Soldato
Guys, you just need to be polite, smile and get the job done ;)

In their own words, as emailed to me.

Problem Description/Diagnosis
Issue: blah blah blah explains that he experiences a couple of issues with his phone. He stated that his battery is dying very quickly. He has tried resetting and restoring device. Additionally he explains that callers report he is crackly or sometimes years static while on calls.
Steps to Reproduce: Unable to reproduce in store.
Cosmetic Condition: No notable damage
Proposed Resolution: Replace phone.

In their defense, they did run diags on the phone and said there's no battery problem and wouldn't be able to exchange based upon the battery not working as the diags clearly show that it is, but then the nice young lady suggested that perhaps if the mic was not working 'or something' then she'd be able to replace. I gave her a wink and said my mic was playing up too ! :D

Also, i'm wondering given Apple gave me this phone, and not AT&T I'm guessing this phone is carrier unlocked. Even better when i come to sell it for the 7, sometime in 2016 !!!!

Soldato
Guys I am trying to do a simple job on my 6s plus but failing and getting a tad annoyed :p

Put a big collection of pictures on the phone but a few pictures are in the wrong folders, just trying to move a few pictures from one folder to another on the phone....so before I hulk smash this amazing piece of technology can anyone help :(

Soldato
Guys I am trying to do a simple job on my 6s plus but failing and getting a tad annoyed :p

Put a big collection of pictures on the phone but a few pictures are in the wrong folders, just trying to move a few pictures from one folder to another on the phone....so before I hulk smash this amazing piece of technology can anyone help :(

I think you're best off sorting them out on your PC, then using iTunes to sync those folders to your phone... That's the only way i can think of.

Associate
I'm getting bored of iOS and Apple's approach - they are far too restrictive and have shifted to profits more so than the consumer. Including just 1GB of ram in the 6 plus last year was a bad move, especially considering its target audience. This 6 plus shudders in areas it really shouldn't do. Not moving from a base 16GB iPhone is a bad move, especially considering the 4K camera on the 6S and Live Photo. I'm not a fan of how they 'hold back' on functionality, the split screen mode for example, should be included on the 6S Plus - it's not and we will see it on the '7'.

I do think times are changing and Apple will have to change their attitude, yes, they changed the smart phone world but the smart phone world is moving on and people are demanding more. People do care about specs now, whereas previously they didn't.

I agree with most of this but sadly don't see Apple changing things anytime soon, their position in the market enables them to do pretty much whatever they want! The 6S could have started at 32GB and had OIS but they chose to offer a dumbed down product despite the very high price.

At this point I could get a 32GB S6 and an LG G4 for the price of the first useable ( 64GB ) iPhone, which both offer better screens, better cameras and higher specs overall.

I have a Mac and an iPad though so will probably just wait and see what the 7 has to offer before I upgrade from my 5!

Man of Honour
Does anyone's 6S/6S Plus get stuck in landscape orientation when unlocking the screen? Mine seems to do it quite often and it's highly annoying.

Soldato
I agree with most of this but sadly don't see Apple changing things anytime soon, their position in the market enables them to do pretty much whatever they want! The 6S could have started at 32GB and had OIS but they chose to offer a dumbed down product despite the very high price.

At this point I could get a 32GB S6 and an LG G4 for the price of the first useable ( 64GB ) iPhone, which both offer better screens, better cameras and higher specs overall.

I have a Mac and an iPad though so will probably just wait and see what the 7 has to offer before I upgrade from my 5!

This is sadly the problem when the competition or so ineffective.

Associate
I've never had an iPhone, but after years of Android (since the first one became available) I'm seriously considering the switch. I've settled on the 6S 128GB version as I'll be looking to replace my year old 128GB iPod Touch with it. I've got a few questions, which I expect may have been asked already, but with 71 pages to trawl I hope you'll forgive me and assist with some answers:

1) Is the official Apple case worth £35 or are there better options? I don't like screen protectors so currently use a case with a hard screen cover, and previously have used a sleeve.
2) The Lightning dock seems very pricey at £39 - any cheaper/better options?
3) Is Applecare worth £109? I have a fairly decent house insurance policy, and I'm very careful with my phones.
4) Is the iPhone more about show, or is it a genuinely better option than say a Samsung S6 or HTC One?

Soldato
I've never had an iPhone, but after years of Android (since the first one became available) I'm seriously considering the switch. I've settled on the 6S 128GB version as I'll be looking to replace my year old 128GB iPod Touch with it. I've got a few questions, which I expect may have been asked already, but with 71 pages to trawl I hope you'll forgive me and assist with some answers:

1) Is the official Apple case worth £35 or are there better options? I don't like screen protectors so currently use a case with a hard screen cover, and previously have used a sleeve.
2) The Lightning dock seems very pricey at £39 - any cheaper/better options?
3) Is Applecare worth £109? I have a fairly decent house insurance policy, and I'm very careful with my phones.
4) Is the iPhone more about show, or is it a genuinely better option than say a Samsung S6 or HTC One?

1) I use the silliocone case, the leather ones I find look nice but don't feel so good in the hand - never used a third party one but find the apple one more then good enough for me.

2) yeah its pricey for what it is, I wouldn't use them personally but can see some situations where it would be good (dock it next to a desktop at work etc)

3) subjective. Just make sure your insurance deals with Apple for repairs (if they demand to deal with it themselves) as once you go third party Apple won't look at the phone anymore for any reason.

4) subjective Again I'm afraid :p

Back
Top Bottom