Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Think I got a bit carried away yesterday though with ALL THE SHINY.

Exactly like me. Went to Apple in Cribbs Causeway to see if they had the phone they wanted in stock. They didn't. So I bought a Sonos Playbar (for the kitchen?!), wall mount for it and a Barbour coat. Because man logic.

So EE...

EE charged me an early upgrade fee (£320) but didn't take the payment for the 6s Plus, they simply charged me £6.98 for delivery and were supposed to charge me £109 for the handset but never did. My new bill has been produced and theres no sign of a handset charge applied, the early upgrade fee has been taken but my minimum contract term has not been extended thus my contract still expires in Sept 2016 instead of 2017.

Last year, they charged me an early upgrade fee, handset charge and extended my contract correctly however, they applied the early upgrade charge back to my bill as a credit but never took the early upgrade charge from my bill. I ended up with a £300 credit on my account for 3 months until I requested it to be refunded, which they did!

So, all in all, I sold my 6 Plus for £400 meaning i'm £80 up and have the 6s Plus 64GB at £35PM for 10GB data and fully unlit text/mins inc 0845/0870 numbers.

Not a bad little deal.

In addition, my Apple Care+ on from my 6 Plus is being transferred to my new 6s Plus for free and doesn't expire until 04 August 2017

So, decided to go for the 6s rather than the +. Guy at work has the original 6+ and just feel it is too big for day to day use even though the screen is great.

Ordered from Argos and received this morning:D
Just setting up now and so far so good. Very nice upgrade from the 5s.
Touch ID is definitely a lot smoother and quicker for a start.

iPhone 6s 64Gb Gold by Andrew Farmer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Is that the red silicon case LiE? It looks really nice!

Loving how the extra RAM affects web browsing. Previously when browsing news sites, after clicking a link, then hitting back, it would reload the main page and jump down to try and find my previous position after a couple of seconds. Now it doesn't reload anything and brings me immediately back to the exact position I was on the page before clicking the link. Makes a world of difference.

Yea official red case :)

21058350823_047a498e1a_b.jpg

Not completely tbh.

I get lag when using the peek preview mode and swipe up in the messages app. It's slightly juddery.

Odd thing is, it's very smooth using the same feature in the mail app.

EDIT: Perhaps that's because currently Messages takes up nearly 1GB on my phone and Mail only takes up 26MB :-/

Everything else seems snappy enough for now. I have to use the power button to check for notifications now instead of the home key as it de-activates the lock screen pretty much instantly every time. Will take a bit of getting used to to change the habit.

Last edited:
Have to say its not been an enjoyable experience so far... The transition has taken forever. Nearly rec'd my new 6S 20hrs ago, and still not fully completed the transition.

First of all, i thought I'd leave it to iCloud backup to restore the phone.. 9hrs later i thought screw this, i'm going to backup my old 6 on iTunes and restore from there. Did that, and all was well sorta.. but now having issues getting my watch to talk to the phone... May have to wipe / reset that.... should have stayed away from the iCloud backup TBH, and gone straight with the iTunes backup and restore... Never recalled having these many complications transfering from one iPhone to another.. Maybe a couple of hrs of work, never nearly 24hrs though.

I had to do the restore twice. First time I tried restoring from itunes and it only synced half of the apps. Everything else was stuck after that, tried loads of stuff to activate the download of the rest of the apps but couldn't.

Ended up just wiping the whole phone and starting again, worked grand the second time though.

I imagine the iCloud servers are getting slammed this weekend.

Picked up another 6S Plus in Reading today for my dad and have to say, this is the first Apple launch that stock seems easy to find on the high street a day after launch. Everywhere had them, only ones Apple didn't have were the 128GB Plus models

Tried to use the camera for the first time on my 6S today, all I got was a black image. All the tools were there, just no image. I was trying to snap a 'location info' label in Ikea. My wife had to do it on her 5S instead.

Did a reboot in the coffee shop and the camera came to life. Hopefully it's a one off!

Back
Top Bottom