Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Upgrade

Hi,

I've contacted "three" via chat, and I'm on a 24 month contract (iphone 6 64 gig) i'm 11 months into it @£43 pm (was £99 upfront) and they said they could do """""The early upgrade fee after applying a discount is £534.44"""" and offer me £271 for good condition phone. Would want more than that mind:(. However, does this seem "ok" seeing that i could sell for at least £100 more so paying about £165 for iphone 6s (64 gig) ?

Btw, its 1 gig data, all you can eat etc.

Tia

You can buy that phone outright for £619, so a £534 upgrade fee is a bit of a joke, considering you're roped into a new 24 month contract. Personally I'd buy outright from Apple and keep your contract running for the term, then either upgrade to the 7 or another phone if desired, or go sim only

Could anyone confirm how much "actual" space there is on a 64gb because I assume the iOS9 takes up some space of the phone so you don't actually get 64gb??

You can buy that phone outright for £619, so a £534 upgrade fee is a bit of a joke, considering you're roped into a new 24 month contract. Personally I'd buy outright from Apple and keep your contract running for the term, then either upgrade to the 7 or another phone if desired, or go sim only

Cheers invertigo.

Not sure thougn but i would think just 13 months left on contract ? Ill ask them in which case it would be cheaper than £619 THEN stil have go pay my contract up:confused:

Could anyone confirm how much "actual" space there is on a 64gb because I assume the iOS9 takes up some space of the phone so you don't actually get 64gb??

55.4GB usable for me on the 6s Plus 64gb

Cheers invertigo.

Not sure thougn but i would think just 13 months left on contract ? Ill ask them in which case it would be cheaper than £619 THEN stil have go pay my contract up:confused:

I'd be very surprised if getting a new phone didn't entail a new 24 month minimum term being entered, but yes it would be cheaper in that case. As I said, highly unlikely! On the other hand, does the 6 to 6s seem like a worthwhile upgrade? I say this having done similar (6 to 6s Plus), but I feel like I can justify it with a bigger screen and battery too!

Last edited:
i seem to have a issue with backing up to iCloud.

got a 6s 64gb.

but now my iPad and my new iPhone when I choose under iCloud / Backup / Backup now.

it does it and takes a while but then says something along the lines of "this action was unable to complete this time"

any idea why. I have pretty much 5GB free on iCloud.

I have also deleted my previous backups on the iPad and iPhone

Thank you

I like the 6s+ it's a decent upgrade, i wouldn't have upgraded unless the deal was sweet.

Can anyone who upgraded with EE and since had a bill produced tell me if their upgrade date has changed/extended in your online account portal?

i seem to have a issue with backing up to iCloud.

got a 6s 64gb.

but now my iPad and my new iPhone when I choose under iCloud / Backup / Backup now.

it does it and takes a while but then says something along the lines of "this action was unable to complete this time"

any idea why. I have pretty much 5GB free on iCloud.

I have also deleted my previous backups on the iPad and iPhone

Thank you

I had the same issues.

Delete all previous backups and disable iCloud backups on all devices, switch them off and back on again then try to initiate fresh backups on each device - should work fine.

Anyone here move from android? Liking it so far? Think I'm going to ditch my s6edge+ for a 6s plus

Everyone I almost know has a iphone..

Hi Jeezy

What's the reason for wanting to switch other than all your friends seem to have them?

How long have you been an Android person?
Are you invested in Google and the Play Store?

Depending on the answers, it could be a decent move however, you won't find a 6s + in stock anywhere at the moment.

Order one direct from Apple for delivery in a few weeks, play with it for 2 weeks (completely swap sims, services and apps) and then return if you don't like it for a full refund. If you love it, sell the Edge+ and keep the iPhone. What colour and spec is your E+?

You won't know until you try it but the iPhone is still very limited in terms of customisation and features, for example there's no split screen view even thought the spec can handle it, Apple seems to have decided to 'save' that for the 7 - that bugs the hell me, but i'm invested.

About to head to a dept store today as they offer 2 year guarantee on their iPhones, going for a 6S 64GB.

Wife is getting my 16gb 5s and her 4s is getting traded in. She's not a phone person and asked for a nice compact camera instead, so that's Christmas sorted :)

wow..going from a 5s this is so nice.

That sounds positive as that's what I'm planning :)

Last edited:
Must unimpressed with Vodafone, if I buy an iPhone 6S from Apple, they won't enable wifi calling as it's not a Vodafone iPhone or iPhone 6S contract. Having a laugh, maybe time to tell Vodafone to jog on.

Back
Top Bottom