Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Well Apple stores seems to have good stocks of 6s. But the plus are hit and miss. I manage swap mine yesterday as at 3 pm there were some to reserve keep checking through out the day. As a mate manage get one 15 mins ago

Hi Jeezy

What's the reason for wanting to switch other than all your friends seem to have them?

How long have you been an Android person?
Are you invested in Google and the Play Store?

Depending on the answers, it could be a decent move however, you won't find a 6s + in stock anywhere at the moment.

Order one direct from Apple for delivery in a few weeks, play with it for 2 weeks (completely swap sims, services and apps) and then return if you don't like it for a full refund. If you love it, sell the Edge+ and keep the iPhone. What colour and spec is your E+?

You won't know until you try it but the iPhone is still very limited in terms of customisation and features, for example there's no split screen view even thought the spec can handle it, Apple seems to have decided to 'save' that for the 7 - that bugs the hell me, but i'm invested.

Thanks for the reply

Leaning towards apple because if facetime, all my friends and family have the iphoen practically.

Apple support seems a lot better then Samsung..

Samsung have only got 1 main store in London.. where as Apple is pretty much everywhere..

Not too sure on Google security too..I.e. I download a game and it's asking for permission to through my contacts and pictures lol. .

Will probably give it a try and see how I get on thank you

Been using mine the last couple of days. Only two negatives.

Screen is just a bit too big to comfortably use one handed, keep needing to adjust my hold to reach the top corner of the screen and it's a little bit too non grippy in the leather case that I can see myself dropping it a lot.

The finger print recognition is so quick that I don't see any notifications when I turn the screen on, it pretty much goes straight to desktop!

About to head to a dept store today as they offer 2 year guarantee on their iPhones, going for a 6S 64GB.

Wife is getting my 16gb 5s and her 4s is getting traded in. She's not a phone person and asked for a nice compact camera instead, so that's Christmas sorted :)

That sounds positive as that's what I'm planning :)

Remember that it will lock to the first network SIM card you install!

Just a quick question picked up my 6s+ 128gb on Friday and sold my old 6+

My old phone was bought direct from an Apple Store .. So this should be unlocked right? Even after I used a three sim in it it shouldn't carrier lock am I right

Screen is just a bit too big to comfortably use one handed, keep needing to adjust my hold to reach the top corner of the screen and it's a little bit too non grippy in the leather case that I can see myself dropping it a lot.

Double-tapping (not double-pressing) the home button will bring content down towards your fingers.

I am with Three...Does anyone know if phoned them could I just buy a Handset from them without a contract and use it with my current £17 a month sim. They seem to have the 6S Plus in stock.

No they won't .. Someone else asked in store while I was getting mine and they said they are not allowed to sell them without contract

No they won't .. Someone else asked in store while I was getting mine and they said they are not allowed to sell them without contract

Yeah they told me this as well. Been out of a contract since 2012 I think so not keen to get into another. I'll just wait for Apple to send mine out I think.

For the first time in my life I'm actually kind of tempted by an iPhone...

What is everyone's opinion of the O2 deals they have up right now? I haven't read through the whole thread but it is as follows.

64GB 6S
£64p/m which includes insurance.
30GB Data
Unlimited Texts and Calls
Also the option to upgrade by handing back your handset after 12 months.

With O2 Refresh it's either you pay them the Handset remainder which would be £360 at that point when it comes to the upgrade so there's obviously the option to pay off the device at that point also and just keep it...

I don't know how well the devices hold their value but I imagine £360 is probably what you would get for it after 12 months...

Been using mine the last couple of days. Only two negatives.

The finger print recognition is so quick that I don't see any notifications when I turn the screen on, it pretty much goes straight to desktop!

I had the leather case on my 6 and have a new one on the 6s+. After use it becomes more grippy. It's strange because the 6 seems pretty small now but the plus is a little large. Still getting used to it.

The Touch ID is amazing I find the phone is unlocked after a short tap on the home button!

For the first time in my life I'm actually kind of tempted by an iPhone...

What is everyone's opinion of the O2 deals they have up right now? I haven't read through the whole thread but it is as follows.

64GB 6S
£64p/m which includes insurance.
30GB Data
Unlimited Texts and Calls
Also the option to upgrade by handing back your handset after 12 months.

With O2 Refresh it's either you pay them the Handset remainder which would be £360 at that point when it comes to the upgrade so there's obviously the option to pay off the device at that point also and just keep it...

I don't know how well the devices hold their value but I imagine £360 is probably what you would get for it after 12 months...

Just do the maths
£768 + 360 = £1128 for phone and contract for a year

£620 for just the phone outright. Three most expensive contract is £30 (all you can eat everything 4G) so £360 for the year, £980 total. Insurance you can get with quite a few bank accounts. If not its £10 a month with nationwide flex plus and includes holiday insurance and losds of other things. £1100 total if you include that for a year.
In short its cheaper to buy the phone outright if you can afford it

Just do the maths
£768 + 360 = £1128 for phone and contract for a year

£620 for just the phone outright. Three most expensive contract is £30 (all you can eat everything 4G) so £360 for the year, £980 total. Insurance you can get with quite a few bank accounts. If not its £10 a month with nationwide flex plus and includes holiday insurance and losds of other things. £1100 total if you include that for a year.
In short its cheaper to buy the phone outright if you can afford it

I suppose it definitely is the preferential way to buy it up front...don't know why I didn't do the maths myself beforehand :P

I'll need to try and decide what to do...its definitely interesting me it's just whether I simply decide to stick with Android or not...

^ Trackpad does look useful. Anyone noticed the increase in delay when typing though, the letters seem to lag a bit rather than just typing. Its like the fps has gone from 60 or 20, if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom