• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Go to general, settings, spotlight search, find the news feed within the apps listed, then press the green button on the right of it, which will turn it off.

Cheers all

Associate
Where is the best price for these, either contract or outright purchase?

I have a Galaxy S6 and fancying moving to an Iphone for a bit, last one I owned was the 5S but was massively underwhelmed by the battery...

Soldato
What's the advice these days on whether to setup as new or restore from iCloud backup?

Other half has a new 6s replacing a 6 and I'm thinking a new install as she has had a few issues with the 6 crashing (both apps and the launcher (it crashes to the apple logo sometimes))

Associate
What's the advice these days on whether to setup as new or restore from iCloud backup?

Other half has a new 6s replacing a 6 and I'm thinking a new install as she has had a few issues with the 6 crashing (both apps and the launcher (it crashes to the apple logo sometimes))

I tend to setup as new once a year, when I get the latest model. If it is warranty exchanged during the year, I'll then restore.

I still keep backups just in case.

Soldato
We both did it from new rather than restorers everything we needed was in iCloud

I tend to setup as new once a year, when I get the latest model. If it is warranty exchanged during the year, I'll then restore.

I still keep backups just in case.

Sounds like new install it is then. Now to work out which apps don't back up data to an account or cloud and need some other method of transfer.

Associate
Good video what in phone software guess iMovie?

Yup, that is the one. Although I still feel it should have a few slightly more advanced settings (perhaps hidden away in a settings options so as not to confuse folks) but it is still a very capable editor for on the fly work.

What size is your one minute video, shot before compression?

Its actually quite confusing, as I can't seem to find that info anywhere. I think that exporting it from iMovie has resulted in a 'full sized' file, but when I try and save that somewhere, I think its saving a lower quality one. Or maybe its not pushing it out at the full quality in the first place. What I can tell you though is that shooting at maximum quality settings in Filmic Pro (4K, 150Mbps) gives a 30 second video that is 375MB in file size.

Btw how do u enable the 4k mode on the video camera?? Couldn't see anything in the camera settings or settings unles I've missed something??

Yup, its under the photo and camera settings in the Settings app.

---------------

Also, taken this phone out for birthday drinks, really impressed with the low light performance (coming from an iPhone 5) as well as the True Tone flash, plus I have to say... Live Photos is a really fun feature! I actually wouldn't want to lose it now I can see what it does in terms of preserving the moment...

Man of Honour
How does live photos work? Never tried it I don't think.

After a few days with it, no regrets going from the regular 6. The battery life is much improved.

Associate
How does live photos work? Never tried it I don't think.

After a few days with it, no regrets going from the regular 6. The battery life is much improved.

Just try it now. Turn on the 'Live' option on the top of the camera screen, then just press once for a regular photo like normal. When you go to view the photo, 3D touch the image... and watch it move.

It's admittedly low frame rate capture (12fps I think?) but I think it sort of adds a dream like element to capturing the memory.

Soldato
For anyone looking for cases, do not buy the Power Support Air Jacket. Tried to take it off per the instructions yesterday, not only did it snap but it trapped my finger and cut part of my nail off. Taking it back to Apple today.

Back
Top Bottom