iPhone performance degradation with battery aging

Man of Honour
Mine got to 87% and was marked as degraded performance so got my work mate to swap it out. Back up to 100% and ‘peak performance’ again - noticeably more snappy. Should keep my 6S going a bit longer :)

Commissario
Mrs. Feek and I went to Lakeside today and we popped into the Apple Store on the off chance to ask if they could fit her in to do the battery on her 6S. We had no appointment. They asked us to come back in an hour and when we went bad, they didn’t try and persuade her that she didn’t need a battery, they just took it and dealt with it. We went back nearly two hours later and it was done.

Her battery was particularly bad, which is a little surprising as it was swapped previously due to the recall they had.

She’s perfectly happy with her 6S and expects to get another couple of years out of it.

Soldato
I had my 6S done on Wednesday at the Solihull store.

It was still running at full speed but the battery was down to 81% (610 charge cycles) so it was only a matter of time. It passed their diagnostics, but they changed it anyway without any argument.

It took them three hours. I was the last person waiting in the store 8 minutes after they’d officially closed.

Soldato
Hi all,

I don't normally post here, my phone is not an iPhone but my wife's is. Her 4 year old 6Plus is showing 94% battery health and full performance. Would Apple replace the battery under the £25 deal or say that there is no need ? There probably is no need right at the moment, but it will eventually need it, and if it is sold on at some point or passed down to another family member, the fact that the battery has been replaced would make that easier.

Soldato
They will replace it no problem, £25 is only until the end of the year so get down to an Apple store soon.

I’m surprised the health is so high after 4 years to be honest, I would have expected it to be much worse. No complaints I take it?

My 6S is a year newer and the baterry life was noticeably worse after 2 years than it was new. I would get it replaced either way before the end of the year to take advantage of the ‘deal’ after that it goes back up to £80.

Soldato
Thanks guys, I'll take it in.

Yes I was surprised the battery is in such good health, but she is a light user so it hasn't had as many charge cycles as you'd expect. No complaints, it still works the same as when it was first unboxed.

Edit: Actually perhaps not much more than 3 years old, we bought it a 2 or 3 of months before the 6s came out

Last edited:
Soldato
I had my 6S done on Wednesday at the Solihull store.

It was still running at full speed but the battery was down to 81% (610 charge cycles) so it was only a matter of time. It passed their diagnostics, but they changed it anyway without any argument.

It took them three hours. I was the last person waiting in the store 8 minutes after they’d officially closed.

Would have said hi if I had known! Was a very busy day .. as every day is at the moment - doing 70+ batteries a day isn’t much fun

Back
Top Bottom