iPhone performance degradation with battery aging

Commissario
Does 100->50 then 100->50 count as 1 cycle too?
Yes, you don't have to drain it down to 0 for it to count as a cycle.
If you start with a full battery, run it down to 50%, charge it back to full, run it down to 50% and then charge it to full again - That's one cycle. You've added 100% charge over the course of two 50% stages.

Man of Honour
Yes, you don't have to drain it down to 0 for it to count as a cycle.
If you start with a full battery, run it down to 50%, charge it back to full, run it down to 50% and then charge it to full again - That's one cycle. You've added 100% charge over the course of two 50% stages.
Well naturally it's 100% in total, but I recall reading an article that iPhone batteries responded better to short charges.

Soldato
My old 7 Plus spent most of its life sitting in a dock charging every work day. I can't remember the cycle count now but the health was at 93%. Not too shabby.

Apple have given me every incentive to hammer the hell out of my 8 Plus throughout 2018. The race is on to get to 80%!

Soldato
My old 7 Plus spent most of its life sitting in a dock charging every work day. I can't remember the cycle count now but the health was at 93%. Not too shabby.

Apple have given me every incentive to hammer the hell out of my 8 Plus throughout 2018. The race is on to get to 80%!

The 8 isn’t covered under the current battery replacement scheme though. :confused:

Associate
Well tool my 6plus in to get the battery changed, no problem, didn't even test it. Now the long wait for them to receive a delivery of battery. (2 weeks so far)

Associate
I took my 6 plus and my wife’s 6 in today hoping that they might have had some batteries in stock, no such luck. And no stock in any nearby stores.

I received an email from the Apple battery reservation team saying that stock of 6 plus batteries won’t be available until late March / early April!

Be prepared for a long wait all iPhone 6 users.

Soldato
What is the best way to book in for a battery replacement?

I have a 6+ that is dreadful

Call Apple Care, and they'll order a battery to your preferred Apple Store. Once the store has the battery they email you; and that counts as an open appointment. You then have 3-7 days depending on the store to drop in your phone.

Soldato
The Apple Store is in Leeds . To far away.

Do the approved service centres still charge the same 25 quid ?

That depends entirely on them; they’re third party after all.
You can call a Apple Care and check; maybe do a mail in if possible; or get a some numbers of the authorised Apple service providers.

I know Compu b in Ireland are honouring the Apple prices.

Associate
My wife and I had our batteries changed at the weekend, on a 6 and 6 plus. It’s made a big difference, especially on the 6. It took 2.5 hours all in and we were there quite early on Saturday, the Genius crew were absolutely manic with all the battery replacements.

Back
Top Bottom