iPhone SE 2020

Soldato
Did you do the side by side data transfer?
It was all backed up to my iCloud. I got a feeling when I set my new phone up... it asked me to “merge” my safari data.. and I clicked no. So perhaps it deleted it all my logins. :/ annoying as I got some old log ins with old emails I don’t use anymore so can’t access them any longer lol.

Soldato
I don’t even get the tiny battery arguments, sure it’s mah rating is small but that doesn’t mean it has rubbish battery life.

Battery life is not something people complain about on iPhones.

Just look at the usage numbers instead of making silly comments. It’s the same as the ghz war and the mega pixel war.

You should be asking why android phones needs 6gb of ram and a 3500 mah battery when an iPhone needs a fraction of it and still out performs them significantly ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t even get the tiny battery arguments, sure it’s mah rating is small but that doesn’t mean it has rubbish battery life.
Battery life is not something people complain about on iPhones.

mrwhosetheboss just posted a video in which the SE did really quite badly and for my use I'd need to charge it twice a day. So I guess mAh does have something to do with it after all.

And I have no idea where you get the idea that people don't complain about iPhone battery life. The 11 Pro Max is a beast, but earlier generations not so much.

Associate
I've had the SE a few days now and the battery life on this is a lot better than what it was on my S10e, which has a 3100mah battery.
End of my work day my S10e would be around 40% battery, the SE I'm coming home with around 70%.

I think the biggest problem with the S10e is that it suffered from having both poor signal where i live, & 4G drain was the main reason i got rid of it.
The SE on the other hand has a decent signal at home not had a single dropped call as of yet using it, where as the S10e would drop calls at least once during conversation.

Soldato
I've had the SE a few days now and the battery life on this is a lot better than what it was on my S10e, which has a 3100mah battery.
End of my work day my S10e would be around 40% battery, the SE I'm coming home with around 70%.

IPhones destroy Android devices when it comes to standby drain and I don't know why Google haven't fixed this given how long it's been an issue.

Soldato
Are you comparing a 6.8" phone with a 4,300mAh battery to a phone with a 4.7" screen and 1,821mAh battery?

Yes, in the face of the growing wave of "iPhones last forever on a tiny battery" crowd, I am pointing out that a phone with a bigger battery doing an easy task gets much better SoT and that therefore the SE is not performing miracles, as much as it seems people want to believe it is.

Permabanned
My phone with added battery pack case and external USB charging pack has more than the SE.. oh wait.

Well we should all carry around a charger battery pack that has 1000000000000 mAh that can last all year without a single charge from the wall socket. Wouldn't that be great.

Yes, in the face of the growing wave of "iPhones last forever on a tiny battery" crowd, I am pointing out that a phone with a bigger battery doing an easy task gets much better SoT and that therefore the SE is not performing miracles, as much as it seems people want to believe it is.

Maybe they should stick a 1,821mAh battery in the Note 10+ see how it performs.

My penis is bigger than your penis.

Soldato
But then it’s no longer a 4.7” device... seems pretty obvious to me. You decide the basic form of the device then engineer that internals around that.

The OnePlus 7T Pro had a c.4000mAh battery, yet the 8 Pro in more or less the exact same body, fitted a 4500mAh battery inside, along with wireless charging and waterproofing. The space for that extra 500mAh came from quality engineering, a thing which Apple has plenty of, were they willing to invest resources to fit in a larger battery. But that's by the by. The SE is the phone that it is and it's a solid product. Just seems like there're a lot of people saying it's better than it is and looking to excuse the shortcomings (like the small battery).

Back
Top Bottom