iRacing

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Just jumped back on this. According to my profile I did 2 races in 2016.

Anyway I did some practice and just jumped into a race and came third with zero inc points. Something tells me the next race won't be as forgiving. I could have taken second but I opted to just follow the car in front unless the made a bigger mistake. They were deffo feeling the pressure but I didn't want to risk anything. Pretty chuffed with that. Quite like how the Mazda drives. I had some SR before so I'm only .6 away from 3.0 right now.

EDIT: Another clean race in second place (11 secs behind first haha) = D class licence. Well this is a first, now what?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just jumped back on this. According to my profile I did 2 races in 2016.

Anyway I did some practice and just jumped into a race and came third with zero inc points. Something tells me the next race won't be as forgiving. I could have taken second but I opted to just follow the car in front unless the made a bigger mistake. They were deffo feeling the pressure but I didn't want to risk anything. Pretty chuffed with that. Quite like how the Mazda drives. I had some SR before so I'm only .6 away from 3.0 right now.

EDIT: Another clean race in second place (11 secs behind first haha) = D class licence. Well this is a first, now what?!

Whatever tickles your fancy. What type of racing do you like?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Road racing for the most part. Seems like the Skippy has always been the next step up and seems like a fun series. Might get the Skippy & next week's track (if I don't have it, not checked) and practice. It's shame you can't test a car before you buy but plenty of material on YouTube.

I'llmaybe try perfect my laps in the Mazda too. 2 seconds off a fast time on Okayama but can see plenty of areas to make up with some trail braking.

Soldato
I was only joking :) I was going to get something different although mainly for the pedals and my Brake squeaks and annoys me and the throttle is loose. I'll probably just get some pedals when I can and change wheel later as it's fine.

Well totally gutted now, I knew the pedals were being a bit dodgy and they packed up last night.

None of the decent pedals I wanted were available for weeks so I had to order replacements which probably wont arrive until Monday so a few days of no racing for me :(

I think I'll pre-order some Fanatec CSL Elite LC Pedals, are these a good choice?

Soldato
That's been a problem for a looong time and they've still not done anything about it.

The influx of new members, along with high profile racing drivers with a voice and an audience, has been both a blessing and a curse for iRacing. Its bad for them because all the niggles with the tyre model, and the damage model and all the small flaws that have been overlooked for *years* are being shown to an audience of hundreds of thousands, if not millions. As you can see in this vid:

It's good for us because previously all their focus was on creating new content for members to buy and generate revenue instead of fixing the behavioural and UI issues which didn't make any money, but made the service a better place. Hopefully now that will change and it will start to feel less like a NASCAR simulator with a road racing DLC tacked on to it.

Associate
I've been on there for 3 weeks now, progressed easily to A licence - but now to be honest they are just too many idiots ruining it for me.

Think I am done to be honest, not enjoying it anymore.

Soldato
Cor Donnington in the Audi R8 is a flipping nightmare. Two races back to back, must have spun 5 times at turn 3 the fast left hander down the hill. Lost 130ir and loads of SR. I quali fine, 1:26.5ish but in the race the car is all over the shop.

Soldato
Can anyone else not see the Brands Hatch Track listed in the Test track menu?
I just jumped on to test the Skip there and it's not in the list :confused: [I own the track and can enter current races at the Brands]

Soldato
Looks like the iRacing Indy race was a farce yesterday with Simon Pagenaud (2016 Indy Champ and previous Indy 500 winner) deliberately taking out Lando when he lapped him, as revenge for a previous incident.

1st incident - Pagenaud (yellow car) blamed Lando (Orange car) for this crash whilst battling for the lead.
https://twitter.com/crldrx/status/1256701851791167488?s=21

2nd incident - Pagenaud got fixed up in the pits and whilst re-joining was talking about taking out Lando with his spotter. The lead cars come around and he lifts in the corner so Lando runs into the back of him.
https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1256692976744570880?s=21

Lando talking with Max about it

Soldato
Looks like the iRacing Indy race was a farce yesterday with Simon Pagenaud (2016 Indy Champ and previous Indy 500 winner) deliberately taking out Lando when he lapped him, as revenge for a previous incident.

1st incident - Pagenaud (yellow car) blamed Lando (Orange car) for this crash whilst battling for the lead.

2nd incident - Pagenaud got fixed up in the pits and whilst re-joining was talking about taking out Lando with his spotter. The lead cars come around and he lifts in the corner so Lando runs into the back of him.

Lando talking with Max about it

I felt so sorry for Lando, what a completely selfish thing to do by Pagenaud. I've been following Landos Practice on twitch and he's put a lot of time into it..

Ohh well everyone knows who really won and who the biggest looser on the track was.

Soldato
I felt so sorry for Lando, what a completely selfish thing to do by Pagenaud. I've been following Landos Practice on twitch and he's put a lot of time into it..

Ohh well everyone knows who really won and who the biggest looser on the track was.
It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of it. I know some other race drivers have been dropped by their real world teams because of their behaviour in the virtual racing world. Whilst it is only a game, they are paid professionals who are representing their sponsors.

Soldato
As SDK^ said about, I doubt Pagenaud's sponsors or Indycar itself are impressed with that at all. It's just a shame Indycar is now owned by Roger Penske, Pagenaud's team owner.

Santino Ferrucci was just as bad - nothing new there then.

I love Indycar and I've enjoyed the Indycar iRacing series, but that wasn't a great advert for Indycar or its participants at all.

Soldato
That's been a problem for a looong time and they've still not done anything about it.

The influx of new members, along with high profile racing drivers with a voice and an audience, has been both a blessing and a curse for iRacing. Its bad for them because all the niggles with the tyre model, and the damage model and all the small flaws that have been overlooked for *years* are being shown to an audience of hundreds of thousands, if not millions. As you can see in this vid:

It's good for us because previously all their focus was on creating new content for members to buy and generate revenue instead of fixing the behavioural and UI issues which didn't make any money, but made the service a better place. Hopefully now that will change and it will start to feel less like a NASCAR simulator with a road racing DLC tacked on to it.

The SCCA set up a Hoosier series for all the members since our real season is on hold. I have ran a few of those races and felt the same frustration shown in the video.

Driving real cars at the limit isn't easy, but it's no where near as difficult as iRacing makes it seem.

Associate
I'm just no good at running mid pack, got to get better at it. Everyone around you brakes way before the brake point or slows down way too much on the brakes, annoying. If I could actually start qualifying well it wouldn't be an issue!

Soldato
How do you load ghost cars to practice against, I've been given a few files and was told to load them up to practice/compare to but I can't find an option to do that.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom