iRacing

Soldato
Probably takes the place of your "personal best" ghost. I don't know where the file is located, but I bet it's somwhere in documents/iracing/....

Yeah they are located in there, but there are a few in there already and I can't find a way of loading one.

I found something on youtube but it was a few years old and no longer like that.

Guess I should ask on the iRacing forums :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeah they are located in there, but there are a few in there already and I can't find a way of loading one.

I found something on youtube but it was a few years old and no longer like that.

Guess I should ask on the iRacing forums :)
Before you enter the session on the reply screen you can go into options and select the ghost I think.

Not bought the Skip yet, not sure what I want to go with in road racing and hesitant to put money in the wrong place. Wanna make sure I get tracks that'll keep getting used.

Instead I'm trying ovals, seems a trashed my SR many years ago so first race is now. Hopefully if it's carnage it doesn't affect road :D

EDIT: Well that was carnage. Got up to third and ran well avoiding other carnage but a lapped car just keeps blocking me and then eventually span me when I tried to pass. Then I lost it a slipped a wall, but it also seems I had other incidents I don't remember as it showed me at 18x at the end of the race, including getting punted hard going into the pits after the flag. Classed me as 4th but don't think my rating will increase :/

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you load ghost cars to practice against, I've been given a few files and was told to load them up to practice/compare to but I can't find an option to do that.

Any ideas?

Drop the Blap or Olap file in the respective circuit folder found documents/iracing/lapfiles. Then, once you are loaded into the circuit (at the garage/options screen) open up your options go to the second page I think it is, you will see option there to load comparative lap time. Click that, browse for the file and load it. Head out on to the track and you should now see the ghost car. If not, you can toggle through the different black box lap time modes with the "Tab" key. Toggle through until you find comparative lap/car.

Soldato
Drop the Blap or Olap file in the respective circuit folder found documents/iracing/lapfiles. Then, once you are loaded into the circuit (at the garage/options screen) open up your options go to the second page I think it is, you will see option there to load comparative lap time. Click that, browse for the file and load it. Head out on to the track and you should now see the ghost car. If not, you can toggle through the different black box lap time modes with the "Tab" key. Toggle through until you find comparative lap/car.

Excellent, thanks I'll try that this afternoon.

Associate
Also if you get your setups from craigs or pds etc a lot of time they give you the olap file so can take the ghost car from some of the quickest guys on the service

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I really can't decide what to purchase now I'm in D class, not done a road race since.

Looking at the Skippy and this thread in the schedule: https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3714059.page

Zandvort and Belle are the next two tracks, and both will at least be used in the following season so shoul be good value bough with the Skippy for 10% off. Are these decent tracks to get straight into the Skippy now, or should I rock the MX5 until next season?

Soldato
Are any of you guys getting any weird freesync/gsync issues with this game? I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 2070 super, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz. I'm always running at 141fps (I lock at 141 for adaptive sync) but the game just doesn't feel as smooth as other 144hz games I play. It almost feels like the scenery is stuttering, mainly when I turn corners. I play on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I've seen other people mention this on the iracing forums, but I don't know what might fix it

Soldato
Odd, Im running a 3800X/1080ti and FCAT says my "unconstrained" frames for my CV1 is 245 FPS. (Runs 90 FPS with ease)

I'm not a fan of iRacing, but one thing I have to give them credit for is how easy it is on hardware. It dosen't look as good as some other titles, but it looks okay and a lot better than I would expect it to look for the frame rates I get.

Soldato
Are any of you guys getting any weird freesync/gsync issues with this game? I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 2070 super, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz. I'm always running at 141fps (I lock at 141 for adaptive sync) but the game just doesn't feel as smooth as other 144hz games I play. It almost feels like the scenery is stuttering, mainly when I turn corners. I play on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I've seen other people mention this on the iracing forums, but I don't know what might fix it

I haven't noticed anything, I've not played today if it's something that has started recently.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Sigh, go from last to 5th first lap in the Mazda, beginning of second lap a car spins on second corner, plenty of time to yield but need to take to the grass anyway. Grass takes me for a long spin for what seems like an ice age while the other car recovers and drives off seemingly losing no places. Me, I'm last whilst in the barrier. I just rage quit. Seems unfair you can't avoid these things without becoming worse off. Previous race I was rear ended by an ambitious car but i didn't lose any control however the still managed to pass me anyway.

I want to buy the Skippy and a couple tracks for it but this has put me off. Really frustrating, the other drivers were D class so I expect they would be better than others. Will the Skippy be better or do I just need to accept some races will be this bad?

Associate
Sigh, go from last to 5th first lap in the Mazda, beginning of second lap a car spins on second corner, plenty of time to yield but need to take to the grass anyway. Grass takes me for a long spin for what seems like an ice age while the other car recovers and drives off seemingly losing no places. Me, I'm last whilst in the barrier. I just rage quit. Seems unfair you can't avoid these things without becoming worse off. Previous race I was rear ended by an ambitious car but i didn't lose any control however the still managed to pass me anyway.

I want to buy the Skippy and a couple tracks for it but this has put me off. Really frustrating, the other drivers were D class so I expect they would be better than others. Will the Skippy be better or do I just need to accept some races will be this bad?

Unfortunately will always have this, good races and bad races. Even in 3k IR + SOF races it can get ended on the end of a rolling up lap. And the Grass is ice since the changes once your on it; that slow slide awaits to death

Soldato

It can be frustrating at times but remember, it's the same for all of us. With more and more races on circuit and car combos you'll learn to spot bad behaviour and race craft from others and be able to avoid the nonsense. Not always, but itll get better. I wouldnt pay much attention to the license, it's fairly easy to jump through the licenses quickly, that doesnt make you a better driver. Look at the safety rating.

It does get better, once you get to about 1.8k to 2.0k you'll generally start to see better driving, but you'll still see incidents, that's racing.

Skip Barber is an excellent series, I've said it all along. It's a great place to hone your skills. The racing I found is also better as it's open wheel, with most touches to those wheels resulting in a spin so most people do know the importance of giving space.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeah, when I think back, aside from the ice grass the incidents themselves weren't too bad. I think it's all frame of mind, incidents happen and that's racing and it happens in the real deal.

I'm not fact yet, not practiced much. Most people running this combo at 1:07 and 1:05s are possible. I've done a 1:07.2 but race wise I hold back to avoid pushing off track. Consistency will come with practice and those times will fall when I'm comfortable when I can push. In the races I qualify mid way and end up second or third after the start without any incidents. The faster guys catch up but aside from two bad races I'm finishing 3rd or 4th which is about where I deserve to finish. Running second without any dramas and first place is 18 seconds ahead after half distance is pretty demoralising haha.

I'm gonna test the Skippy, F3 & BMW tonight as i've still yet to buy anything. Awkward part of the season to put money in. Might do some more oval too, I'm one race away from D class promotion and actually enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Associate
That's me done just over a month on Iracing now.

I am now an A licence with a 4.99 safety rating.

I have spent a lot and I mean a lot of time on this game during lock down, have had my ups and downs with it but it is overall enjoyable. I have met some decent people and also a fair few very aggressive people.

I have had some really good races and some terrible ones.

As my irating increased the bad races have got less, but they are still there.

Some people just are not willing to be beaten and would happily take you out just to stop you beating them. I have got better at spotting them and so manage to keep out of their way better now.

I have invested a fair bit of money into the game, as you have to do to move up classes. I see it as money well spent, especially for the amount of time I have spent on it.

Now I think I will probably take a bit of a step back and just race now and again, having a decent licence and Irating will give me access to the better races, so that's is a good thing but in truth I think I'm just a bit bored with it now.

Soldato
Nice race Tony! Jealous of your rig setup and some quality driving there with 1 inc.

Oh thanks man, appreciate the comment. It wasn't a race where I could be aggressive, needed a solid low incident race after Donny last week, was down all the way to a 2.0 after idiots wrecking me at every opportunity. A bonus was to get +ir so achieved what needed to be done. Will get more racey now.

Soldato
Anyone with experience in the GT3's, more specifically the BMW Z4 GT3, I've noticed it feels like there is very weak FFB with this car, handling is very very light and I'm finding it difficult to feel what the car is doing. It seems to be car specific as all the other cars i've tryed over the last couple of days feel fine. Is this just a characteristic of the car? or is something not right?

Back
Top Bottom