iRacing

Man of Honour
Managed to get my B license this week thanks to farming safety rating at the Nurburgring, which by the way is awesome in the MX-5. Almost therapeutic to drive. One race I managed to start from the pits and finish 4th in a 35 car race :D

However, dose of reality today doing my first GT3 challenge race. The difference in speed and skill from doing those races compared to the D class Ferrari GT3, just crazy. Even in the same SOF. Definitely going to have to practise a lot more before I go back to those

Soldato
MX-5s are at Oran Park. What a guff "racing track". Sure, its nice for a track day but for racing its way too narrow.

I've been racing there tonight. Finally getting a chance to do some laps since the weekend. I quite enjoyed it. Didn't have much close racing after the first lap, everyone just held position in the 3 races I've done. I also messed about with that horizon setting but left it as default.

Yeah I've spent $300 since getting my D license, and that was 4 weeks ago.

Bloody hell hahaha Hopefully that keeps you going for a while. Congrats on B license.

Soldato
Feel a bit for the new people trying to build their content now. When I bought the majority of mine we didn't have to pay the extra 20% vat.
I would hope with the increased user base Iracing could drop content price but not sure if that's going to happen sadly

Man of Honour

The awful first B Class race, thankfully I’ve done a lot of practise since, and managed to shave 4 seconds off my lap time and a lot more competitive. So I’m glad I had that race, it was the perfect way for me to be reminded that there is quite the difference in skill in the series as you progress

Associate
My initial plan for Oran park this week was to just hover around at the back of the pack and get that safety rating up. It turns out that starting from the pitlane is the best place to start this race. T1 is so fast that come T2 everyone is banging doors. Starting position is obviously 12th but impressed my finishing position is on average 4-5th. So its not been the iRating demolition I thought it was gonna be.

Associate
Just joined iracing yesterday. Still, obviously, trying to figure out lots of stuff regards the user interface. Rookie level intro membership has only two cars which can use H shifter as far as I can see. Formula Vee and Street Stock. Just two vehicles in Rookie with H shifting? Am I missing something? I hope I am. I really love H shifting.

Last edited:
Associate
Just joined iracing yesterday. Still, obviously, trying to figure out lots of stuff regards the user interface. Rookie level intro membership has only two cars which can use H shifter as far as I can see. Formula Vee and Street Stock. Just two vehicles in Rookie with H shifting? Am I missing something? I hope I am. I really love H shifting.

thats correct as I believe the mx5 is seq now? Formula Vee is a fun little car I'm racing it once a week. Welcome to Iracing :p

Associate
thats correct as I believe the mx5 is seq now? Formula Vee is a fun little car I'm racing it once a week. Welcome to Iracing :p

I do like my H shifting. it's what I'm used to. Guess I'll have to wean myself of it and learn new techniques.

Got myself a Fanatec shifter last week. It's got a switch to use it sequential. I've not tried it in sequential yet. What's folks sequential preference then? Stick or paddles? Does it depend on car or just personal preference?

Soldato
I’m just getting back into this. My last race was in May 2020 during the first lockdown.
I’m at C license but taking part in the Skip series to build up some points. Currently it’s Road America with the next one Oulton Park, looking forward to that one.

I’ve got my gear setup in my home/office which is a bit small, so I need to keep moving it out of the way to do real work :cry:
Will be looking at converting my garage in a couple of months into a game room for more space.

Associate
I do like my H shifting. it's what I'm used to. Guess I'll have to wean myself of it and learn new techniques.

Got myself a Fanatec shifter last week. It's got a switch to use it sequential. I've not tried it in sequential yet. What's folks sequential preference then? Stick or paddles? Does it depend on car or just personal preference?

For most people its paddles which is what I use as well. I think once you get your D license give the old mustang a whirl, its a H shifting car and is a lot of fun. Racing isn't as popular though but you should some action in the evenings. Then after that its old 80's Audi which is one of the best cars in the service but unfortunately only raced once a week.

Associate
For most people its paddles which is what I use as well. I think once you get your D license give the old mustang a whirl, its a H shifting car and is a lot of fun. Racing isn't as popular though but you should some action in the evenings. Then after that its old 80's Audi which is one of the best cars in the service but unfortunately only raced once a week.

I'll keep an eye out for them. Had a practice go on the MX5 last night. It was fun. Used Paddles. (20 seconds off the pace, but fun). Kept going for the clutch pedal:)

Soldato
Unfortunately @Baldbloke race cars don't use H patterns anymore. As some else said even the new MX5 is sequential. The old camel IMSA of the Nissian and Audi GTO do have H pattern but not sure how popular those are these days.

Belle Isle didn't go too well lol.
First race I didn't even make the first corner before one driver caused a massive pileup.
In the 2nd race I was 4th right behind 3rd but didn't have enough fuel so had to do a splash and dash on the last lap .............

Soldato
Loved the Mazda's at Oran Park last week, but did a TCR race at lunchtime (slightly different layout) and was not as much of a fan. Looking forward to doing IMSA TCR tonight in the Honda before swapping out the GT Omega rig for a Sim Lab one!

Back
Top Bottom