iRacing

I watched Basic Ollie stream. It kept me from F1 qualifying. The last 2 hours were intense.

I'm upto iRating 1750 now and class A. The 40 min GT3 races are really good for me. We're at Interlargos this week and I can drive that clean lap after lap. In the high 34s usually, best lap being a 34.5 with optional a 34.0. Top splits seem to be 32.5 so i'm still miles away but getting slightly better.
I usually look at the lap/race times of the cars in the split above mine for comparisons. That way its less demoralising than looking at the top split aliens' times and seeing I'm miles off.

Up to 2.9k now which is surprising given that IMSA has been at Road Atlanta this week, and all the carnage this brings. I'm not a blazing quick driver tbh. I can lap fairly quickly very consistently and safely. This method clearly is working for me since I never thought (at the start of the year) that I'd be nearly at 3k come Christmas.

Avoiding DNF seems to be the way. I had a long period of being taken out and losing 100+ iRating. Once I did a mental reset i've been chiping away now and gaining 10,20,30 here and there. I've got to a level now where the races are 1.9/2k SOF. I'm seeded 20+ and need to fininsh top 15 for an iR gain.

Canada....Wet....and I only drive the Ferrari GT3 (nobody else seems to be driving it so I guess that tells me it's no good in the wet)

1st race, blind, start 22, taken out, -51 ir
2nd race, qualified 9th, started in the pit lane. Caught the pack within 1/2 a lap, taken out by another pit lane starter. -66 ir
3rd race, started 3rd, finished 5th, clean race. +43 ir

I've booked some coaching with Coach Dave, it's not untill a week on Friday. I'll report back here how it goes.

Canada....Wet....and I only drive the Ferrari GT3 (nobody else seems to be driving it so I guess that tells me it's no good in the wet)

1st race, blind, start 22, taken out, -51 ir
2nd race, qualified 9th, started in the pit lane. Caught the pack within 1/2 a lap, taken out by another pit lane starter. -66 ir
3rd race, started 3rd, finished 5th, clean race. +43 ir

I've booked some coaching with Coach Dave, it's not untill a week on Friday. I'll report back here how it goes.
I really enjoy the wet races. I don't enjoy them when I'm deep in the pack.

I'm running the 160 minute IMSA Endurance at Road Atlanta this weekend. Hoping to do the Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon slots. Will be tough doing them solo (IN the GTP class obviously) but i find then so rewarding to do.

Back
Top Bottom