iRacing

Soldato
ok sound I'll put it on 900 and re calibrate my wheel on iracing see if I like it.

I'll change it back to 270 for rf2 tho...

I just have multiple profiles, the logitech software seems fine at switching between the two and that way I can fiddle around without touching the important iracing settings :)

Saw the thread when he mentioned it/released it, but not read it, seems like an interesting book though.

Associate
i just used there setup for the logitech drivers and put it on 900 rotation and it feels good so far...

i turned the ffb down in game tho it was too strong i put it on 10...

Turn up your damping on the profiler to 100%, then put it on about 6 in sim, then use 10 to 15 for FFB depending on which car you drive.

Associate
I had my first race earlier, was about to pass into 3rd when someone spun out and me and the guy i was about to overtake both skelped into him :|

Ended up 8th out of 11. no bad considering anyway :)

EDIT:

Just managed a 1.04 on the Okayama short course in the mx5 roadster. managed to get about 3-4 secs a lap quicker today and spin out barely now. started using heel toe and it works amazing!

What are peoples IR names? mines John Jackson2

Last edited:
Associate
Aghhh. was doing well and sitting in 2nd in my 2nd ever race, being clean and everything then some **** decided to put me into the wall, ended up quitting the race as it was gonna take 5 mins in the pits to fix the steering, could barely turn :|

Associate
Well the core of the engine comes from NR2003 which as the title suggests is a NASCAR sim, i think it was made by papyrus and then the guys from iRacing took it over and made it how it is now, i dont beleive there is a lot of the old engine left to be honest, but it does show some times that it was an oval sim.

They made grand priz legends first then the nascar sims then iracing.

Iracing is the best sim you can get right now imo but its made for hard core race sim drivers so guys that just want to pick up and play a race game are better off with the Dirt series of games.

I love Iracing and just finished a 6 hour hosted session at Brands was great fun.

Associate
its made for hard core race sim drivers so guys that just want to pick up and play a race game are better off with the Dirt series of games.

thats rubbish, whats the reason you cant just pick this up and play???

its only a racing game at the end of the day, if you got the skill to drive the cars in the sim you can just pick it up and play when ever...

Associate
It takes many hours of practice to be competitive is what i mean its not just a pick up and play racing game.

Its also expensive and will cost you 100s of $ a year so its played by commited serious sim racers.

Soldato
OP
Iracing is the best sim you can get right now imo but its made for hard core race sim drivers so guys that just want to pick up and play a race game are better off with the Dirt series of games.

It takes many hours of practice to be competitive is what i mean its not just a pick up and play racing game.

Its also expensive and will cost you 100s of $ a year so its played by commited serious sim racers.

I do not know if that was intentional, but that does make you sound rather arrogant.

It does not have to cost a lot, is comparitive to an MMO.

I am new to iRacing but if you symbolise the majority of the userbase, I think I will quit now.

One thing I do not like about the Sim community is the elitism.

People like what they like, it is not upto you or anyone else to tell them what to play.

Associate
I just offered to pay for a hosted session for you so we could run some laps if that makes you think im arrogant i wish i never bothered.

If you want to do well in Iracing you have to put in the hours and the money to progress and all im saying is that kind of commitment and expensive is not for your average race gamer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I just offered to pay for a hosted session for you so we could run some laps if that makes you think im arrogant i wish i never bothered.

Fair enough, you did, and it was a nice gesture and Brands Hatch is one my favourite courses by the way :)

I just do not understand the "This is for sim racers only and will cost you hundreds mentality". In my opinion, it just sounded arrogant.

Loads of people play MMOs/F2P games and probably spend similiar amounts of money. You do not need to own 100% content in iRacer to have a jolly good time.

So what if someone likes to play Dirt, no reason why they cannot play iRacing too.

Also, what difference would TrackIR make to the experience?

And, when hosting a session, can you choose day/night?

Thanks.

Associate
Maybe you are content to stay a rookie driver but if you want to progress to classA licences for road and oval so you can drive the top cars then that is expensive to buy like 8 cars and a dozen or more tracks and then you have to drive lots of laps if you want to be competitive with the drivers in those classes plus another 100$ every year subscription and more again to host and buy the other cars and tracks.

The cost of doing this does cost 100s of $ so my posts were to inform future Iracers what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom