iRacing

Associate
Sorry should have been a bit clearer. You can research and design yourself then but the profiles direct from the manufacture, as some else said they will cut them to size for you for pretty cheap.
However many people (like myself) just buy a kit from a company that you know will work and often comes with well made pedal plates and wheel mounts. I got mine from here https://sim-lab.eu/
Good thing about getting a profile rig, is even though I got mine from sim lab as it's standard parts I can just buy additional upgrades for it myself.

Cheers, Mike. I'll check these out. Looking forward to getting al this set up and then actually being slower than I am with it mounted to my desk :cry:

I only have the 8nm CSL DD, so these will be sufficient to hold it nice and steady I'm guessing?

Soldato
Cheers, Mike. I'll check these out. Looking forward to getting al this set up and then actually being slower than I am with it mounted to my desk :cry:

I only have the 8nm CSL DD, so these will be sufficient to hold it nice and steady I'm guessing?
Sim lab definitely yes, I know someone who gets by fine using the table clamp (his desk hasn't flipped over yet :D) though with the CSL DD so any rig should be fine.
Probably will not make you faster although so much better for immersion.

Associate
Sim lab definitely yes, I know someone who gets by fine using the table clamp (his desk hasn't flipped over yet :D) though with the CSL DD so any rig should be fine.
Probably will not make you faster although so much better for immersion.

The immersion is what I'm after. Again thanks, for all the info, Mike. Apologies for taking the thread a little off topic.

Associate
My lowly 1.9k driver rating had me in the bottom end of the top split IMSA races yesterday. There are some ridiculously fast people out there. Qualified 11th but managed to finish 5th which was a pleasant surprise. Some of the LMP2 drivers were ruthless with the GTs though.

Soldato
My lowly 1.9k driver rating had me in the bottom end of the top split IMSA races yesterday. There are some ridiculously fast people out there. Qualified 11th but managed to finish 5th which was a pleasant surprise. Some of the LMP2 drivers were ruthless with the GTs though.
That's what you have to be like in the LMP2 to win the top splits. Otherwise you lose too much time behind the GTs.
My pace in the LMP2 wasn't half bad but I just wasn't aggressive enough in traffic so race pace wasn't great.

Associate
Ruthless to the point of punting people off or ruining their races seemed a bit selfish to me :cry: Hence why I finished 5th when I was the 13th car of 13 LMP2 cars :D

Associate
I was right. Canadian Motorsport Park is gonna be the end of my iRating :cry:

2 races last night and managed to spin on both. Optional repairs of 10 minutes each time. Stayed and finished though so at least by safety rating didn't take such a hit.

Associate
Managed a 2nd place on CMP last night with 0 incident points also. Really should have won but overfilled the car in the stop and last around 4-5 seconds over the dude in 1st. Finished 4 seconds behind in the end.

Soldato
Managed a 2nd place on CMP last night with 0 incident points also. Really should have won but overfilled the car in the stop and last around 4-5 seconds over the dude in 1st. Finished 4 seconds behind in the end.
Download Racelabs and use there fuel meter to tell you the amount to fill. I use crew chief to auto fill, and turn it down to what racelabs recommend. Crew chief usually overstates by a good bit and that is with the fuel extra lap turned off.

If you haven't got either of these, download them and get them going. Racelabs is decent enough for an extra overlay, I use their relatives instead of the iracing standard one. Crew chief is a pretty damn good crew chief replacement with plenty of options to find out extra info..

Associate
I need to research more into Crew Chief. I downloaded it yesterday and did use it for the race. I've not yet figured out how to get him to calculate my pitstop fuel requirements yet. I'm assuming I need to change a setting somewhere?

Soldato
In the properties mate, you can change them when crew chief isn't active. Press stop then you can enter the prop section..
Make sure an extra lap isn't ticked, that def will cost you time, as I said racelabs is the best I have used so far. Would usually leave me with 1ltr or just less at the finish.

Associate
Actually managed a win on CMP with the LMP2 car for the IMSA champs. Tbh, should have been back to back victories but in the race prior my wheel momentarily disconnect mid corner putting me in the wall. Was absolutely gutted as I was dominating up to that point (3/4s of the race).

Associate
Looks like my time with iracing has come to an end. Used it for 2.5 years now. Used to enjoy it quite a bit and built up decent irating in both ovals and road. More than 4k on both. Recently I've noticed much more bad driving and so much more aggression, even in the top splits. The world of iracing seemed to have got very angry. Intentional wrecking seems common place these days as does just bad driving, so diving in at the corner with no chance of making it;basically move out the way or I will take you out. Subscription due for renewal in next month, but won't be doing so. Is a shame as for a while it was decent and they have a large online audience and participation, but can't see it getting better now, only worse. Final straw was two seperate incidents when drivers retaliated and took me out. Protests were raised and iracing said no fault, they just don't seem to want to ban anyway, as it directly impacts their revenue. Well their lack of action has impacted their revenue now!

Associate
Looks like my time with iracing has come to an end. Used it for 2.5 years now. Used to enjoy it quite a bit and built up decent irating in both ovals and road. More than 4k on both. Recently I've noticed much more bad driving and so much more aggression, even in the top splits. The world of iracing seemed to have got very angry. Intentional wrecking seems common place these days as does just bad driving, so diving in at the corner with no chance of making it;basically move out the way or I will take you out. Subscription due for renewal in next month, but won't be doing so. Is a shame as for a while it was decent and they have a large online audience and participation, but can't see it getting better now, only worse. Final straw was two seperate incidents when drivers retaliated and took me out. Protests were raised and iracing said no fault, they just don't seem to want to ban anyway, as it directly impacts their revenue. Well their lack of action has impacted their revenue now!
Can't say I've noticed that. Mind you, i've not been on Iracing for a few weeks. I'll renew my annual subscription on black Friday if they have a deal going. Otherwise, nah, too expensive. I also will not buy cars or tracks which seem to sell for roughly £12.50 a go.

Associate
Can't say I've noticed that. Mind you, i've not been on Iracing for a few weeks. I'll renew my annual subscription on black Friday if they have a deal going. Otherwise, nah, too expensive. I also will not buy cars or tracks which seem to sell for roughly £12.50 a go.
Yeah, I've bought plenty content. You don't get much included for the standard cost. Probably got about £1000 in it for the 2.5 years from subscriptions and content I have bought. Has been worth it though up to this point.

Back
Top Bottom