• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is 8GB of Vram enough for the 3070

Soldato
Because WarZone loves you.
I don't play it in fairness and I am not downloading it either, waste of HDD space and SSD writes.

From what I can gather though most people are completely fine.

So I give you an example of a free game that uses a load of vram and you refuse to test it? You should work in politics or something

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
giphy.gif

Soldato
I never saw you asking me to test anything, you asked me why your RTX 3090 runs out of Vram.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn English?
Ok that's fair enough. Can you test warzone my good chap and see how much vram it uses?

Please max out settings at 4k if possible

Associate
Did anyone ask if Dyling Light 2 had Vram problems or was that overlooked?

Dying Light 2 uses around 7.8 GB of VRAM on my 3070 @ 1440p with DLSS Quality and everything maxxed out (including RT) - I have to choose between RT reflections+shadows or GI+AO to get 60+ FPS though.

Soldato
No such thing as a vram limit, the only limit is your expectation of settings

for any games, if fps doesn't go brrrrr then you lower your settings, whether it's vram causing it or slow gpu architectures doesn't matter if fps is low you turn down settings

so to answer the question is 8gb enough? 3gb is already enough if you do not have expectation of high resolution or settings, that answers the question

Permabanned
Ok that's fair enough. Can you test warzone my good chap and see how much vram it uses?

Please max out settings at 4k if possible
I shall, I won't be expecting good FPS.

I have work for now so it can download whilst at work dude.

I was a bit of an A-hole so I may as well do something constructive other than blowing off steam at idiots.

:)

Man of Honour
No such thing as a vram limit, the only limit is your expectation of settings

for any games, if fps doesn't go brrrrr then you lower your settings, whether it's vram causing it or slow gpu architectures doesn't matter if fps is low you turn down settings

so to answer the question is 8gb enough? 3gb is already enough if you do not have expectation of high resolution or settings, that answers the question

It is all relative to the core performance - otherwise your argument would justify as little as 1GB or less on a 3070....

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It is all relative to the core performance - otherwise your argument would justify as little as 1GB or less on a 3070....
Cut him some slack, sure he still has the tendency to get confused at times with statements like that, but he has improved leaps and bounds since a year or so ago :p:D

Soldato
I shall, I won't be expecting good FPS.

I have work for now so it can download whilst at work dude.

I was a bit of an A-hole so I may as well do something constructive other than blowing off steam at idiots.

:)
I accept your apology.... I think :D. Yes let me know how you get on. I mean 1440p would prob be better, I guess it has to be at least playable

Permabanned
I think I may have underestimated the RTX 3070 at 4K... does it easily though with DLSS on mind you.

Video is still processing, be warned I am new to Warzone so I take my time with some of it.

I also lost sound in game so... playing the video back looks funny to me.

Permabanned
So a much longer play and multiplayer...
Using my wits in this gameplay as I have no clue what I am doing... just reusing some button presses I recall from training.

Some dude said "F" your mom.. no idea if enemy or own team.

But it is the typical COD experience :cry:
Pretty typical team mate experience too, ended up leading the pack in one scenario as it seemd they were content just sitting still. Then got left behind when downed instead of reviving.

Still though, not even close to 8GB Vram used. Even at 4K. :cool:

@azazl187

I don't know how you are tapping out 24GB Vram on a 3090 mate.. seriously...

I hope the two videos I have done will at least better diagnose an issue with your own system though as it seems that way inclined at least.

The MSI AB process for Vram reading I am using is Memory Usage / Process which gives much more accurate data.

The Vram load across the board is likely to be fully accurate in my videos due to this.

Last edited:
Soldato
So a much longer play and multiplayer...
Using my wits in this gameplay as I have no clue what I am doing... just reusing some button presses I recall from training.

Some dude said "F" your mom.. no idea if enemy or own team.

But it is the typical COD experience :cry:
Pretty typical team mate experience too, ended up leading the pack in one scenario as it seemd they were content just sitting still. Then got left behind when downed instead of reviving.

Still though, not even close to 8GB Vram used. Even at 4K. :cool:

@azazl187

I don't know how you are tapping out 24GB Vram on a 3090 mate.. seriously...

I hope the two videos I have done will at least better diagnose an issue with your own system though as it seems that way inclined at least.

The MSI AB process for Vram reading I am using is Memory Usage / Process which gives much more accurate data.

The Vram load across the board is likely to be fully accurate in my videos due to this.

Thanks for testing. Check this out -
UAmQlWH.jpg

It crashed shortly afterwards
Eladh6J

Back
Top Bottom