Is anti-Veganism discriminatory . . .

Soldato
we also eat grains and beans too, we are not 'evolved' to eat them either.....just because we can does not mean we should!

Grains and Beans are not really that easy to eat. (Neither is meat actually)

"Wild" verities of grains/beans are not particularly digestible unless cooked first (See my earlier post regarding use of fire). Cooking is also an essential part of getting the best from meat too.

Humans can survive on both raw veg and raw meat. But the nutritional value of both, to Humans, is reduced and there are other issues too that make eating uncooked food generally a bad idea.

The niche that Humans have evolved to adopt is actually a very complex one and actively involves the use of sophisticated cultural technologies (Particularly Fire) which have been an integral part of our evolutionary progress over a very long period of time. Literally, millions of years!

Soldato
Grains and Beans are not really that easy to eat. (Neither is meat actually)

"Wild" verities of grains/beans are not particularly digestible unless cooked first (See my earlier post regarding use of fire). Cooking is also an essential part of getting the best from meat too.

Humans can survive on both raw veg and raw meat. But the nutritional value of both, to Humans, is reduced and there are other issues too that make eating uncooked food generally a bad idea.

The niche that Humans have evolved to adopt is actually a very complex one and actively involves the use of sophisticated cultural technologies (Particularly Fire) which have been an integral part of our evolutionary progress over a very long period of time. Literally, millions of years!

fire is the rub here as it is great as a heat and light source but to apply that to things we are not biologically adapted to consume just so now we can and then state we are as according to yadda is a bit much...

Soldato
But who actually cares? Of course we evolved to be omnivores, no one has ever disputed that. But that also means we function perfectly healthily on a pure vegetarian diet.

The ethical debate has nothing to do with what humans have evolved to do, but the actual suffering caused by intensive factory farming of animals, and moreover, the environmental impact that will be partly responsible for billions of deaths over the next couple hundred years.

You have a point but that's a different conversation to the one I was having. Unfortunately, some people actually believe that humans are not biologically omniverous!

Soldato
That's why we take care to cook it properly.

We're omnivores. Our species has been happily eating meat for tens of thousands of years.

We are no better or more evolved than any other living thing. We are not above nature. We are simply part of it. Family.
Ricky Gervais.

I don't know why veggies and meat eaters just can't get along nicely:p

Soldato
We also have eyes in front for hunting and teeth adapted for meat...

no we don't.

Why don't you eat your supermarket shopping trolley, or the check-out girl, or your gardening trowel?
Same reason - If something is useful in getting food for you, you don't eat it.
Great examples. Are you suggesting you don't get protein from dog meat? You don't eat dogs because you love them and they're part of your family.

Last edited:
Soldato
omg that's just nasty :eek: good luck to him tho :p

I know, eating actual rotten meat is taking it a little far but the rest is really not much different to eating a very rare steak

Don't see why he can't use toothpaste though instead of using fat to clean his teeth his breath must stink

Soldato
there have been very good studies that show if we didn't start eating cooked meat then humans wouldn't have evolved into the intelligent species we are today.
Sure, it doesn't mean we have to continue to do so, but given a choice between a vegan and evolution i know what i will choose.

Back
Top Bottom