Is anti-Veganism discriminatory . . .

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Can't argue with that, persons under the age of 16/18 should not be allowed to choose what they eat - eat your brussels sprouts or go straight to bed - NOW!

Man of Honour
i eat plants but a lot of you guys sound like you're just come down from the trees ,do you kill your own food. nah big brave hunters getting a plastic wrapped body part

Have done. It's not a big issue. Venison is lovely, as is rabbit, goat, chicken. Helps having a friendly butcher too who can lop it into the appropriate sized chunks required for the larger animals. Other stuff is easy to deal with.

But do you grow everything you need yourself or do you rely on foreign workers or imported products as well?

Soldato
Question, if vegetable matter is produced using organic fertilizer (animal based) for it's main macronutrients does that mean it's not suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

And if that is the case how do they avoid such products?

Soldato
Such hypocrites, they don't think for a second before imposing their beliefs on others, yet claim discrimination when others do the same thing back to them.

The UK has the highest welfare standards in the world. Personally I only buy British farmed produce for this reason, preferably organic/free-range. That is my belief, but I won't discriminate against people who choose not to do the same.

Soldato
I'll stop eating animals when animals do. Let me know when that happens.

As an animal lover and lover of tasty meats I'm often in conflict with morals of eating things I'm supposed to have love for

I keep pondering whether it's possible to be an ethical carnivore and I think I've found a solution of eating only animals who would be more than happy to eat me too

Crocodile happens to be delicious and very ethical to consume

Soldato
Crocodile isn't bad, shark is pretty nice also. As mentioned above, the welfare standards in the UK are some of, if not the best in the world.

I bet if any wild animal was capable of making the choice to continue the struggle in the wild or live on a cosy farm with unlimited supply of water and food, shelter and over all good health. They would pick the farm.

Soldato
I respect anyone's choice of diet and know a couple of vegans. Unlike a very vocal minority which seem to exist predominantly on the internet, I've never heard them preach to or berate anyone for eating meat or what have you.

Personally, I eat meat and I'm very happy with my choice. I treat it as a luxury, avoid mass-produced meat products where possible and choose high welfare, high quality meat and animal products, usually reared and produced locally.

I grew up in a rural community and have many relatives who are farmers. I also went shooting and fishing with my father a lot when I was a child and growing up. I still shoot and fish to eat, but very occasionally these days. Note: I don't kill animals for sport. Never have and never will.

Unfortunately, as people get more and more detached from the reality of farming, hunting and fishing, the more they're susceptible to horror stories.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Animals don't really have the choice though.

Omnivores and scavenging carnivores do. Hell, even some obligate carnivores can exist quite happily on a non-meat diet. Just visit your local pet shop and look at all the dry cat food.

Why will you only stop eating animals when animals do? What an odd thing to say.

I'm being partly facetious, but my point is that there's nothing inherently unethical about eating animals. It's what our bodies are made to do, just like other animals that eat meat.

Crocodile isn't bad, shark is pretty nice also.

Shark is good stuff, you can get it with your chips at any decent Australian fish & chip shop.

Soldato
I'm being partly facetious, but my point is that there's nothing inherently unethical about eating animals. It's what our bodies are made to do, just like other animals that eat meat.

hmm not really. A badly cooked piece of meat can cause food poisoning because we don't have the acids strong enough to break it down (unlike a Lion for example). Humans have a long intestinal tract too, like that of a plant eater. We can (eventually) digest meat but it's certainly not 'what we were made to do'.

Unfortunately we're now the dumb ***** ruining our own planet with our greed. Humans evolved over millions of years (mostly foraging) but then banding together and hunting to eating meat occasionally, not every meal.

this.

Vegetarians will never win this argument though. Give it 100-200 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whatever the amateur biologists say, as omnivores we are biologically adapted to eat meat and plants. Otherwise we wouldn't benefit from eating them, which we clearly do.

Have you tried feeding meat to a herbivore, like a sheep?

Soldato
Whatever the amateur biologists say, as omnivores we are biologically adapted to eat meat and plants. Otherwise we wouldn't benefit from eating them, which we clearly do.

You would benefit from eating a dog too, from the protein. Why don't you eat dogs?

Soldato
You would benefit from eating a dog too, from the protein. Why don't you eat dogs?

Are you talking ethical reasons now, not biological?

Don't confuse the two, it's a common pitfall. The sheep does not GAF about ethics.

Last edited:
Soldato

flip side of the coin of eating dead flesh which most people will have to cook it before consuming has a detrimental effect on the human, to say we are biologically adapted is a bit of a stretch..

Soldato
flip side of the coin of eating dead flesh which most people will have to cook it before consuming has a detrimental effect on the human, to say we are biologically adapted is a bit of a stretch..

Biologically we're omnivores, by evolution. Why else would we eat meat and plants? Show me a herbivore that wants to eat meat?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom