Is anyone else done wearing jeans in public?

Soldato
Labels have to come off for me. Even that's too much sometimes.

I do need to redo my wardrobe so tk maxxx is my goal soon. Get some lovely weird and wacky clothes in there.

Caporegime
Yep I always used to wear slim fit black jeans and such but these days I just wear trackies. Because they're comfortable and easy.

They do still have to be plain black though, I havent quite reach the low point in my life where I find it acceptable to wear branded trackies. I'll start wearing those when I consider buying a corner sofa in Brighthouse. :p

Anyone who judges me by the sort of trousers I wear isn't the sort of person I give a monkeys cuss about anyway. They can continue being bitter an opinionated while a waltz about in my comfy trousers.

Actually to be honest these days chavs have migrated into Primark chinos.

Last edited:
Soldato
Find jeans too warm now and usually any free time I am either coastal walking,surfing or mooching in garden so do lightweight waterproof breathable walking trousers in summer, love zip up pockets also, in winter have some columbia heat walking pants (rare non charity shop item and amazing)

Soldato
I'm over 50 so jeans just feel wrong to me. I still have a few pairs but I think they'll be going in the recycling bin. I'd rather not go out than wear 'joggers'!
At work it's issued cargo trousers with pockets everywhere, at home shorts or chinos.

Man of Honour
I still wear jeans even though I'm over 50 now. I do also wear chinos too. But my jeans have to be a darker wash rather than light or mid blue and I also not often wear grey jeans. I've recently found that Levis 502's are a good fit for me and they include a lot of stretch. So they feel nice and stretchy while still looking smarter than joggers. But as soon as I am inside the house then I get back into joggers. I also hate branding and will try to buy clothes without any.

Man of Honour
If you have legs like freefaller then all jeans look skinny.

Ha! Well my challenge is my thighs and my chunky posterior, with a relatively slim waist... It's not fun, as such jeans are either ridiculously baggy around the waist and thus uncomfortable, or impossibly tight around the thighs.

As such, I really hate jeans because they're just not comfortable.

Wherefore art thou Romeo (also hunky Frenchman) :(

I'm still alive and kicking - just hardly have time for things like forums these days.

Oops I realised this is an old post. Apologies for bumping it.

Tbh I've not worn jeans in years. One day I realised other than how they look there is no other benefit to them. They aren't warm yet can be heavy, they aren't comfy, getting the right fit can be difficult so often requires a belt, doesn't have zip pockets.

I have joggers which I make look good on my butt, are comfy, cost £8, have zipped pockets and are warm.

I some times have felt out of place in them but generally if you have a good butt I find that no one complains.

Man of Honour
Since lockdown I’ve virtually lived in jeans, one week a pair of Wranglers, then a pair of Lee jeans.
Wash, rinse, dry and repeat, every day fresh boxers and a fresh shirt, every other day a fresh T-shirt. shave when the grizzle gets too noticeable, brush teeth a minimum of twice per day, shower in the a.m. and p.m., and anytime that I feel bored, get back in the shower.
If I could drink coffee in the shower, I’d be in there all day, I’m so clean that I squeak.

Associate
Unless I'm going to the gym, you won't see me outdoors in joggers, not a chance. Pretty much always in jeans unles it's > 20 degrees, instead I'll likely be wear chino shorts.

Even indoors during lockdown. If I don't get showered and dressed properly, I won't be productive.

Soldato
I bought some tracksuit bottoms on Monday for the first time in years. They're for wearing round the house and possibly local shops. Dead comfy and that but not smart.

I like wearing straight leg jeans but having a slightly too large waist and not being overly tall means they can be a bit silly and I dont like turning them up. Jeans shopping is an ordeal sometimes but I found some G Star raw ones in an outlet store last year that are still going strong. And GAP jeans are generally decent fit and quality for me. Can't stand skinny though.

Cargo shorts for the win when weather allows.

Associate
For any larger gentlemen, I highly recommend buying stretch denim. I have historically struggled with jeans due to having a large waist and chunky thighs, with relatively skinny calves (they just never grow). First place I bought stretch denim from was American Eagle Outfitters, but they stopped selling in the UK. You can order from the US still mind. Their jeans were the comfiest I've worn.

As an alternative, Next do a stretch range, which is really good value. Straight fit generally looks awful if you're bigger. I used to always buy straight leg and baggier t-shirts as it would hide my features, but generally it has the opposite effect. I moved to slim/skinny fit (they vary on just how fitting they are) and slightly tighter (but not skin tight) t-shirts, with v-neck, rather than round neck and found myself far happier with my appearance.

If the denim is stretch denim, it won't feel tight or restrictive, so you can get away with a slimmer cut.

Permabanned
Tbh I've not worn jeans in years. One day I realised other than how they look there is no other benefit to them. They aren't warm yet can be heavy, they aren't comfy, getting the right fit can be difficult so often requires a belt, doesn't have zip pockets.

I have joggers which I make look good on my butt, are comfy, cost £8, have zipped pockets and are warm.

I some times have felt out of place in them but generally if you have a good butt I find that no one complains.

Tbh I'm skeptical of anybody who covers their butt whilst simultaneously claiming to have a good one. Rock those assless chaps and flaunt what the maker gave ya!

I feel the same actually about jogger shorts. I much prefer the look of any other short, but none I have found are as comfy.

I remember a thread here not to long ago where someone was after shorts that had a zip, elastic waist and looked some what formal. Still hoping someone posts something in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom