Is it time to wake the bike up yet?

Soldato
I've snuck out a few times in the last couple of weeks, took it into work today as well just to keep it moving along nicely. I get out of practice if I leave it too long. Most of the road salt has gone now too. Till the weekend. :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The sun came out today so....
IMG_4166.jpg
Lovely bike. Crying out for a tail tidy though ;)

Soldato
OP
Always open to suggestions. I've been riding a '61 plate YBR125 for the last 3 years. This is my first venture into big bike territory. Was always going to be an upright, i.e. MT09, Monster or Street Triple - right up to the point I walked into a Ducati show room and saw a Panigale in the flesh. Game changer :)

I don't even know what a tail tidy is but will Google it!

/Edit - and thanks by the way :)

Soldato
OP
Depressing isn’t it. Looking at the 10 day forecast there’s not much hope of sunny days up to the end of the month. Not where I am anyway.

Soldato
Managed to sneak out in between showers. Hurry up Spring sunshine so I can let this thing off the leash.:D:cool:

Taken in front of the Sir David Stirling SAS monument near Doune, Scotland. And yeah - I know I've got a tail light bulb out. Just noticed that. :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Soldato
Depressing isn’t it. Looking at the 10 day forecast there’s not much hope of sunny days up to the end of the month. Not where I am anyway.

Yea... Beautiful Friday, had all intentions of doing my start of year mini service to get it all up and running, and instead it was a flipping arctic blizzard :(

Fingers crossed this weekend is a bit more tolerable.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It’s been lovely down here the past 3 days.

By lovely, I mean sunny but cold (anywhere between -2C and 9C). Wouldn’t normally be an issue but there’s been no rain since last week and the roads are absolutely caked in salt.

Given that I washed and ACF50’d the bike last week, I’m in no rush to get back on until the salt buggers off. Fed up of getting to work and looking like I’ve come on a trials bike :p

Soldato
OP
We're nearly there - I can feel it! Contrary to earlier forecasts, double digits are now predicted next week and even some sunshine. I can't believe I've had less than 2 hours on my Ducati since November last year and it's nearly April. South coast beckons! :) Might treat myself to a new helmet. One of these in rush blue. Welcome any thoughts on Schuberth lids. Never owned one. https://www.schuberth.com/en/products/motorbikes/helmets/s2-sport.html

Associate
It’s been lovely down here the past 3 days.

By lovely, I mean sunny but cold (anywhere between -2C and 9C). Wouldn’t normally be an issue but there’s been no rain since last week and the roads are absolutely caked in salt.

Given that I washed and ACF50’d the bike last week, I’m in no rush to get back on until the salt buggers off. Fed up of getting to work and looking like I’ve come on a trials bike :p

For the first couple of years of being a biker, I used to ride in all types of weather conditions for commuting and pleasure, ice, fog, strong winds, hail etc
The final straw was when cleaning the bike one day and seeing some bolts getting rusty and the general condition of the bike lower down.
Decided I would wear a "fairweather rider's badge" with pride if it meant the bike's condition wouldn't deteriorate as quickly.
That and getting soft. :D
I MOT'd it the Saturday after the last bad snow we had thinking I would get to use it for work now at least but my car is a mess every night because of the crap area I work in and it's also been roughly 1/2 °C when I finish work....

Soldato
I just took mine out for a short 10 minutes around the block - hoping to get back up and running again for tomorrow to go to work on.

Checked oil and chain both ok, got new tyres anyway so they are ok, supposed to be dry tomorrow and its still daylight when I get home so should be good to go.

Associate
Got my MOT on my Fireblade tomorrow at 4pm. I haven't ridden it since it failed in July last year, so it's been a while. MOT station is about 20 miles away so enough for a little ride tomorrow anyway.

Associate
Mines been run all winter. Was planning to give it the full spring clean and lube tomorrow. But I got a nail in my rear tyre so it's off for new boots.
Chain I fitted in December is full of surface rust already

Soldato
OP
Good luck with the MOT. My little YBR failed this week needing a new tyre + sprocket and chain. Yet to collect it so don’t know what the damage is yet. Been sat outside all winter. Poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom