Is this new Hindu school funded by taxpayer's money?

Soldato
What's racist about being angry about the government blowing huge amounts of taxpayer's money on a school to appease a non- indigenous minority?

What have these people done to require appeasing?

Do you also moan every single time the government spends money on something you don't use personally? I mean, I am not happy my tax went to save Northern Rock who sponsor Newcastle Utd, which means I am in fact paying Joey Barton's salary, but I didn't start a thread about it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ok fine, us catholics, COE-ers, Christians, etc... and what does this do for segregation? I thought racial tension/ division such a big problem? How does this help?
Us Catholics used to get the tax-payers money (the same amount as any CoE school) AND the Parish and Vatican money (which sometimes more than doubled the standard LEA budget, per Catholic school) - why don't you complain about that?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Why is it every time someone posts something like this the "OMG Racist!" brigade comes out?

I don't have a problem with Hindus at all, I just dont want to have to subsidise their expensive tastes in public buildings:

Is it so unreasonable to wonder why the government is perfectly willing to spend such a disporportionalely (per child) high percentage of tax payer's money on importing marble from India and building a temple that appeals to Hindu ideologies including Solar panels et al? Everyone has their own beliefs, fine, but the taxpayer shouldn't have to subsidise them in the case where it is a non-indigenous belief/ religion

Associate
Why is it every time someone posts something like this the "OMG Racist!" brigade comes out?

I don't have a problem with Hindus at all, I just dont want to have to subsidise their expensive tastes in public buildings:

Is it so unreasonable to wonder why the government is perfectly willing to spend such a disporportionalely (per child) high percentage of tax payer's money on importing marble from India and building a temple that appeals to Hindu ideologies including Solar panels et al? Everyone has their own beliefs, fine, but the taxpayer shouldn't have to subsidise them in the case where it is a non-indigenous belief/ religion

What is the indigenous belief/religion? Just out of curiosity.

Soldato
EXPRESSING DISTASTE FOR X RELIGION IS NOT RACISM

Yes you're right that it cant be racism. But the fact is, in the modern world prejudice against certain religions has racist and xenphobic undertones.

Anway, prejudice against religions is just as bad as racism. Whats the difference? Its a group of people.

When someone says that non-indigenous religious schools shouldnt be supported by the government, it is WRONG.

edit:

If the OP wanted to make a proper argument, he should have said, new religious school gets more funding per pupil than state schools. The fact that its hindu is irrelevant.

This is something I agree with being a muslim. I feel a state education and religion should be separate. Of course independent religious schools can exist but without state funding.

Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Is it so unreasonable to wonder why the government is perfectly willing to spend such a disporportionately (per child) high...

Jeeez the point is why do minority groups get special treatment and so much per student spent on them?

Man of Honour

Because it really does seem like your sticking your finger up and going "Grr...darkies lulz"..

Is it so unreasonable to wonder why the government is perfectly willing to spend such a disporportionalely (per child) high percentage of tax payer's money on importing marble from India and building a temple that appeals to Hindu ideologies including Solar panels et al?

They've not asked for much until now and it appears to be a one off. The marble is probably part of the feel for the building. Lots of public buildings have extravagent materials and design.

Where are you getting the idea that it's a disproportionate amount of money to spend per pupil? Also don't forget all schools undertake in their first year or few, and then increase their intake as they pull in teachers and know their strengths and weaknesses.

I hadn't realised that Hindu ideologies include sun panels. But there appear to be lots of other environmental things going on with that building which would no doubt please the people giving them the money.

Everyone has their own beliefs, fine, but the taxpayer shouldn't have to subsidise them in the case where it is a non-indigenous belief/ religion

Well, technically neither is Christianity? So people that came after WWII, worked hard, paid their taxes while taking jobs in various sectors which were short for man power, followed the laws of the land have the audacity to breed within their means. And then years later ask for the state to provide a school for their beliefs? What a load of tossers!

Soldato
Jeeez the point is why do minority groups get special treatment and so much per student spent on them?

Do you have some figures so that we can compare?

I could argue that their canteen is vegetarian and therefore possibly cheaper than another that offers meat.

Or that they decided not to value engineer the building elsewhere so that they could afford the temple or solar panel?

I don't really know but you haven't got facts, yet are making stupid allegations.

Soldato

Wheres the evidence for this?

New schools cost a lot of money. In Hackney in London with lots of failing schools, the government is spending a lot of money. 4 new schools are being built. None are religious.

Ethnic minorities in cities tend to be in less well off areas, get used to it. Its not preferential treatment for ethnic minorities.

Man of Honour
No religious school should have state funding that includes CoE.

religion and state should be 100% separate. That's not to say it should be banned far from it.

Soldato
I see no problem with a Hindu school being funded by taxpayers money. In fact people with hindu beliefs have been one of the nicest religious groups I've met.

The only problem I see with anyone religious are those who take it with a negative context towards other people. Even those atheists or agnostics who 'preach' their word against others.

Back
Top Bottom