• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is This Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What the hell is a 7990?

It doesn't even exist you boons!

I can only assume it is a dual-GPU 7000 series card, which as mentioned will be a complete nightmare in quadfire. Also unless you are multi-monitor it is a waste.

45cm long! :eek:

amd-to-release-radeon-hd-7990-in-march-394.png

Caporegime
45 cm - that's about a one and a half foot long video card then LOL. :D

@ OP - depends on the resolution. :)

For up to 1200p, all I would consider would be an i5 2500k with a decent cooler like the DH-14, 8g ram, 128g ssd and crossfire or sli at the most. If you went to something like eyefinity or surround with very high resolutions then I would go for three gpu's.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
the OP's bird must be a right minger if her mothers prepared to spend that sort of money to keep the geek BF sweet

Last edited:
Associate
ROFL, your girlfriend's mom is going to buy you a PC?

Is she afraid of you to broke the heart of her little daughter? haha.

Probably one of this GPUs is just enough for 1080p, if you want to run Eyefinity or something higher, take both of them.

7990 x 2 surely thats just asking for headaches

I agree with the man, take two of the most expansive cards, just after release, that's not good. I would wait a few months, even if it sounds stupid.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys

After years of console gaming, I tried PC gaming and so what I was missing out.

My 30th is coming up soon, and my very rich girlfriend (well her mum mainly) said she will get me all the PC parts I need:

so what you guys think of this:

Rampage Extreme 4
I7 3930k
32Gb Ram 1600Mhz
Coolermaster cosmos 2
coolermaster 1200 watt psu
7990 x 2 (when they come out)
m4 ssd
revodrive 240gb
xonar d2x sound card

Would this be too much for gaming, and if so what could u do with this spec

Thanks in advance
Does she have a sister for me? It's my birthday tomorrow too lol.

Soldato
one 7990 would be more then enough and 16 gig of ram more then enough , i would skimp revo drive and get some good ssd in raid 0 would work out similar speed and more space , and watercool the pc.

Permabanned
Dont get the 7990 x2 there is a new 3dfx voodoo 16 coming out soon just wait for that, its 58x more powerful than the 7990!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom