ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
OP
Uh... Can you show me where in that post I said it was the coalition?! I didn't say whose bombs they were just showed that civilians are dead. Think you jumped the gun a bit there kid.

Your own link said coalition forces!! You can't cite the contents of one link (your 2nd to last post) then simply dismiss them in your next :rolleyes: kid.

Soldato
Nuclear force probably saved a lot more death, overall, in Japan, and brought a swift surrender and conclusion to things, not that I think Mr. Putin would actually go quite that far yet.

Japan had at least 4 million obedient, disciplined men following the orders of a fanatical leadership and islands to defend. Your comparison is laughable.

No i'm not. Please explain.

ISIS consists of thousands of men spread through deserts and outnumbered by innocent civilians 200 to 1. You don't need to be a military genius to understand that weapons of mass destruction would be useless in this scenario.

Man of Honour
Just a quick comment, nukes Putin is talking about is low yield tactical nukes on cruise missiles not full on world ending ones.

There are no "world ending" nukes in existence anyhow despite the emotional perspective/rhetoric when it comes to those kind of weapons - though the US and Russia going full tit for tat would have a fairly catastrophic impact on the global environment - over the decades dozens of nuclear tests have been carried out including the detonation of the biggest nuclear bomb ever created.

(IIRC even the low yield tactical devices for cruise missiles are in the 100+kt range).

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a quick comment, nukes Putin is talking about is low yield tactical nukes on cruise missiles not full on world ending ones.

Tactical missiles still have several times the power of the bombs dropped on Japan (~20kt, tacticals can be up to 100kt).

Plus any nukes being fired risks escalation.

Caporegime
Don't start celebrating yet, since it's actually the Saudis who are the ones keeping the oil price low, they have a decade or two iirc they can keep this up for.

One of the reasons they are doing it is to put pressure on the US shale industry by trying to make it uneconomical to frac.

They can turn the oil taps down at any point to raise the crude oil price when it suits them

Fracking is rather easy nowadays, you can just turn up to a site, drill a hole and then sit on until its profitable again.

So no the Saudis have monumentally ruined themselves.

Caporegime
Just seen an interesting quote on the telly from the father of one of the Paris attackers "if I'd have known he'd grow up to do this, I'd have killed him before"

That's a grim sentiment to have to have in regard to your own kids :(

Soldato
Just seen an interesting quote on the telly from the father of one of the Paris attackers "if I'd have known he'd grow up to do this, I'd have killed him before"

Its grim we live in a world where a father has to think things like that, and for it not to be a far fetched idea.

Man of Honour

It's very grim, but a sentiment that is very much shared by many. It's been said here already.

Soldato
What a great story and this wounded soldiers attitude should be a lesson to a lot of people in this thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-35054442

Herbert said he wrote the post after an "Islamophobic group tried to recruit me as a poster boy" and he goes on to describe several incidents where "white Brits" were rude and abusive to him, using occasionally colourful language. "Although, a lot of people helped in my recovery! I don't hate white brits either! hahaha," he says in the post.

Last edited:
Soldato
You're saying a veteran of an armed conflict is going to be scared of being called names on the internet :confused:

Trying to twist things again...oh dear. But nothing new for people like you.

Have you looked at some of your posts calling people names if they don't agree with you(same as others here)?

Vets\people don't need to post\tweet what ever because they are grown ups and have left the play ground.

"Mr Gill described the mocking gang tearing at his beret, replete with regimental cap bade, as “like a pack of dogs would a piece of meat” before running off laughing"

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/11/u...eran-on-his-way-to-remembrance-sunday-service

And here's the other side. Do you think that Vet is wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom