ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Associate
Why single out Israel too? Is it part of your agenda? What about hezzbolllah and all the atrocities carried out by the Palestinians? We could go on forever.

That was just an example. It's just strange how we in the West decide who we turn a blind too and what's not acceptable when it comes to countries committing atrocities.

Caporegime
That was just an example. It's just strange how we in the West decide who we turn a blind too and what's not acceptable when it comes to countries committing atrocities.

Are you sure it's a case of the West turning a blind eye? Last night's Channel 4 news was beamed live from the Gaza strip and Jon Snow gave both the Hamas spokesman and Mark Regev a tough time.

Caporegime
I'm quite sure he is aware of that fact.

I wasn't actually (child suicide bombers, not the Tamils). I think my main point (IIRC) was the use of children in was wasn't special in any way, it's fairly regular outside 20th and 21st century western nations. :)

Caporegime
Just watching the Confederate flag removed from outside Charleston's government building for the last time it struck me that this was a result of one nutter's killing spree, yet in this country people are still free to fly the Islamic State flag despite numerous atrocities. Indeed one man recently walked through London draped in the black flag, was stopped by police who did nothing about it.

More controversially, contrast the response from the US communities in response to one atrocity (ban the Confederate flag) compared with the reaction of British Muslim communities in the wake of an atrocity ('why should I apologise for the actions of someone else?').

Caporegime
Caporegime
I love that narrative, cowards because they try and hide their vehicle form a missile? :D

What does that make western armies?:p

Ah, wait, it's propaganda... Bad guys are always cowards, good guys are always heros... Even if they do exactly the same thing.

What's wrong with propaganda? You do want Islamic State to be defeated don't you?

Soldato
OP
I love that narrative, cowards because they try and hide their vehicle form a missile? :D

What does that make western armies?:p

Ah, wait, it's propaganda... Bad guys are always cowards, good guys are always heros... Even if they do exactly the same thing.

Yep, I mean it's pretty cowardly sat a few thousand miles away killing by proxy. However, they're pilots, so they kill from a distance anyway, it's what they train to do. As soon as boots are on the ground the death toll will be rising and the campaign to pull us out will commence.

Regardless of all that, I'm happy to see ISIL members be "denied"

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I'm not too clued up on the whole Islamic/ Muslim faith thing. What I took from that though, seeing as it is a prophecy, is that the religion is destined to fail, or at least always breed bad eggs (Seeing as it has been prophesised.)

Sorry, I missed this.

It's not that it's destined to fail but that there will be 'bad eggs' and it's our duty i.e. Muslims to fight them to stop their corruption.

Permabanned
Seems they may have a spy in the camp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...cing.-And-by-night-preacher-of-extremism.html

The Government watchdog which inspects police forces’ readiness for terrorism admitted that it employed one of Britain’s most notorious Islamic extremists.

For almost two years Abdullah al Andalusi, led a double life, the Telegraph can reveal.

By night, he taught that the terror group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) was “no different to Western armies,” said that “kaffirs,” non-Muslims, would be “punished in hell” and claimed that the British government wanted to destroy Islam.

By day, using a different name, he went to work for the same British government at the London offices of Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC), the official regulator of all 44 forces in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The disclosures will be intensely embarassing to the Prime Minister, David Cameron, who has criticised parts of Britain’s Muslim communities for “quietly condoning” Islamist extremism.

HMIC’s staff, who number less than 150, are given privileged access to highly sensitive and classified police and intelligence information to carry out their inspections.
The inspectorate’s work includes scrutinising police forces’ counter-terrorism capabilities and top-secret plans for dealing with terror attacks.

It has also recently published reports on undercover policing and the use of informants.
HMIC admitted that Mr al Andalusi, whose real name is Mouloud Farid, had passed a security vetting check to work as a civil servant at the inspectorate.
He was subsequently promoted to executive grade, a management rank, placing him at the heart of the security establishment.

He was only sacked after bosses spotted him on television defending extremist Islamic positions on behalf of his organisation, the Muslim Debate Initiative, which is heavily dependent on Saudi money.

Ouch.

Permabanned
Apparently it looks likely that the UN will recognise Palestine this September, with Obama likely to support a French initiative.

I think with Iran getting nuclear power, the world has lost the plot in the middle east.

Caporegime
Apparently it looks likely that the UN will recognise Palestine this September, with Obama likely to support a French initiative.

I think with Iran getting nuclear power, the world has lost the plot in the middle east.

It's about time, for both of them. Unless you are a staunch Zionist there is nothing to be against.

Hopefully the war crimes by both sides in the West Bank and Gaza will now be recognised and prosecutions forthcoming.

Back
Top Bottom