• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

A 16GB 4060Ti at $500 or less means 7700XT needs to be 16GB as well.

Also looks like 7600 is full N33 already so the 7600XT could be a cut N32 spec.

It really forces AMDs hand here now.

RX7600 8GB pictured:

Apparently might start at $250.
A 16GB 4060Ti at $500 or less means 7700XT needs to be 16GB as well.

Also looks like 7600 is full N33 already so the 7600XT could be a cut N32 spec.

It really forces AMDs hand here now.

Unless the RX7600XT is literally a 16GB variant? It will be competing against the RTX4060.

Or it could be a massively cut down Navi 32 with only two MCDs.

Last edited:
AMD is playing the waiting game still, reacting to Nvidia, rather than releasing products proactively.

I think the first Navi32 cards we hear about will be higher end (e.g. the 60 CU part).

I'm unsure if a 16GB 7600 XT would be worth it, considering that Navi33 GPUs are targeted at 1080p.

Last edited:
The thing I don't understand about RDNA3, is the apparent delay to Navi32 on mobile devices.

No problem with Navi33 on laptops, but they haven't launched any laptops with Navi32 GPUs yet, where they could no doubt be making lots of profit.

Production issues? Lack of investment in fabrication capacity perhaps?

Last edited:
The thing I don't understand about RDNA3, is the apparent delay to Navi32 on mobile devices.

No problem with Navi33 on laptops, but they haven't launched any laptops with Navi32 GPUs yet, where they could no doubt be making lots of profit.

Production issues? Lack of investment in capacity perhaps?

Maybe there are some issues and it needs a respin?

I'll tell you what would be a turn.

The RX 6600 MSRP was $330, if this is $250 that's a real drop in price.

It is $250 apparently according to the leak.

Last edited:
It could be some other issue, like they have too many high end laptops with RDNA2 GPUs, left to sell.

The obvious thing would be price cuts, but I doubt investors would like the sound of that.

Last edited:

I hope we see more than 8GB on the £300+ models.

No Navi31 laptops either, so I don't think it's any kind of product issue.

Navi31 is way too big to be in laptops. The same as the AD102.

Laptops have limited PCB space,so ideally they want to use 256 bit and smaller memory buses.

Last edited:
I think the techtubers don't pay enough attention to mobile launches (or lack of), which is probably one of the best clues about when desktop GPUs based on the same GPU dies will be launched also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom