• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

It sounds like the race towards 2/3nm GPUs is going to be very important for AMD and Nvidia, due to the die size limitations on 4/5nm, in laptops.

I wonder if there could be $50-$100 price cut to the RX 7900 XT coming up?

Those of you that are in the market for a new GPU, would you buy one for £700?

It has already been cut officially to $849 over a month ago. Which is why cards like pulse are ~£800.

Last edited:
May be i would is it a good upgade from a rx 6800

I'm wondering the same thing. Hard to find comparisons of the 7900xt to the 6800 non XT, but it seems to be ~33% faster than the 6800xt at 1440p and ~40% faster at 4k, and the 6800xt is ~18% faster than the non XT, so that would make the 7900xt 55-65% faster than the 6800?

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing. Hard to find comparisons of the 7900xt to the 6800 non XT, but it seems to be ~33% faster than the 6800xt at 1440p and ~40% faster at 4k, and the 6800xt is ~18% faster than the non XT, so that would make the 7900xt 55-65% faster than the 6800?
Thats not bad 55-65% faster i'll wait to see what the new amd gpu's are like

Last edited:
Thats not bad 55-65% faster i'll wait to see what the new amd gpu's are like

Techpowerup have it in a chart.

The 7900Xt is 54% faster in 1440p and 4k over the 6800.

In ray tracing it nearly doubles the 6800 performance as well in some games at some resolutions, but seems to be 67% faster on average there.

Last edited:
Techpowerup have it in a chart.

The 7900Xt is 54% faster in 1440p and 4k over the 6800.

In ray tracing it nearly doubles the 6800 performance as well in some games at some resolutions, but seems to be 67% faster on average there.

This is not helpful information.

Well it is, but my wallet disagrees! :cry:

Seems like AMD is still showing off the RX 6800:

jfT4L1OGraXIXkZG.jpg

I don't disagree with what the chart shows, the RX 6800 is a better graphics card. But not cheap enough in my opinion.

I think they may be planning to replace this model soon with it's successor, e.g RX 7800, probably with 60 Compute Units.

Last edited:
Slightly miffed that the next card AMD have decided to release is the 7600, was expecting and hoping it would be the 7800's.

Seem a bit odd to release the top and bottom of a stack first and leave the middle until later, not that I'm majorly fussed as prices only seem to be heading in one direction now and when you've been waiting 3-4 years another how ever many months is water off a ducks back.

Last edited:
Seem a bit odd to release the top and bottom of a stack first and leave the middle until later, not that I'm majorly fussed as prices only seem to be heading in one direction now and when you've been waiting 3-4 years another how ever many months is water off a ducks back.
It feels like they're gonna wait for the respin to be done and replace the entire stack (except the 7600, that's a monolithic design).

I think they're still holding back Navi32, until retailers have sold off the remaining RX 6800 stock.

My impression is that they have some left, but not a lot. It probably depends mostly on the US market.

It's difficult to imagine AMD selling the remaining stock without a further price cut, given the release of the RTX 4070.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom