• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

Soldato
Yeah 30% faster for 20% less money, when you look at it that way its pretty good, i think its pretty good, even when stacked against the RX 6650XT which is only about £20 cheaper. its faster, its newer, its got AV1 and FSR3 when ever that comes out.

It was meant to be $299, AMD changed it 48 hours before launch, probably because reviewers told them it was too expensive and having been told that by the same people about the 7900XT they dropped the price this time, those people, instead of just saying "Ok fair play" they found a way to complain about that and make it a negative review, again, can't win.

So they might, they might not, there is as you pointed out precedent for it now, but don't count on it, they are not exactly given clear signals at the moment, and they do need that guidance because whatever they do they know it needs to be worth it.

The issue is the RTX4060TI has set such a low bar in the £350~£500 market.

Caporegime
The issue is the RTX4060TI has set such a low bar in the £350~£500 market.

Nvidia have a total monopoly and they know it, they don't care if they lose 5% marketshare, they gained 10 point margins.

Complaining about Nvidia being a bit greedy isn't going to make the necessary difference, in Gorden + Steve Burke recent co: video they mocked "You will by Nvidia anyway" Yes and who caused that telling people only Nvidia are worth buying because PhysX, and G-Sync Modules and DLSS.... oh well. "So now buy these over priced Intel cards that actually do have real driver problems, but you're all Nvidia fanboys, we know you wont"

AM_Who? there's always been another vendor? Really? Lets not mention that, ey?

Last edited:
Caporegime
" Yes and who caused that telling people only Nvidia are worth buying because PhysX, and G-Sync Modules and DLSS.... oh well. "

Maybe if AMD had competed and provided these alternatives to Nvidias tech and not years later and had a good solution from the get go and most importantly consistently good, we wouldn't be in this mess... :rolleyes:

They are right though, people only want amd and intel to compete so they can buy Nvidia for cheaper, prime examples on this forum who have admitted this.

If AMD were/are so good and dlss etc. aren't worth having at all, why are people not flocking to their hardware including yourself?

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe if AMD had competed and provided these alternatives to Nvidias tech and not years later and had a good solution from the get go and most importantly consistently good, we wouldn't be in this mess... :rolleyes:

They are right though, people only want amd and intel to compete so they can buy Nvidia for cheaper, prime examples on this forum who have admitted this.

If AMD were/are so good and dlss etc. aren't worth having at all, why are people not flocking to their hardware including yourself?
Hi, AMD user since HD4870. Nothing against Nvidia, simply AMD gave me more for my budget every time I looked.

Associate
The story I saw that mentioned Nvidia is obsessed by Apple.
I'm not surprised, Intel or AMD could come up with a gfx card twice as powerful as Nvidia's offering and still get outsold by NV. With NV at a higher price too.
Apple have got it down to a fine art, makes sense to try to emulate them.

Soldato
It's Jensen, some ex Nvidia employees who must disclosure they were not senior management in direct contact with Jensen, but some lower down ex employees claim the word going around the company was that Jensen admired Apple and wants everything they have

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi, AMD user since HD4870. Nothing against Nvidia, simply AMD gave me more for my budget every time I looked.

So did I right from the 3850 up to the vega 56 for every gen, sadly amds lack of a uk store for rdna 2 meant nvidia offered the best bang per buck as I could get a nvidia gpu for msrp, having dlss and rt grunt (things that matter to me and I use every day) meant I was also getting a much better deal since as we all know amd fell behind here. Never really cared for "physx" or the other things nvidia offer/do better but as shown dlss, dldsr and rt are worth it IMO.

My question is mainly aimed at the vocal ones as every time people raise how things like dlss etc. don't matter and people are "idiots" for buying nvidia because of their features or "brainwashed" as they buy nvidia , they always avoid this question though :

Last edited:
Associate
So did I right from the 3850 up to the vega 56 for every gen, sadly amds lack of a uk store for rdna 2 meant nvidia offered the best bang per buck as I could get a nvidia gpu for msrp, having dlss and rt grunt (things that matter to me and I use every day) meant I was also getting a much better deal since as we all know amd fell behind here. Never really cared for "physx" or the other things nvidia offer/do better but as shown dlss, dldsr and rt are worth it IMO.

My question is mainly aimed at the vocal ones as every time people raise how things like dlss etc. don't matter and people are "idiots" for buying nvidia because of their features or "brainwashed" as they buy nvidia , they always avoid this question though :

To each its own, personally I'd say RT is still a couple gens away from being mainstream (IMHO) and I have a 1080p monitor so I'll happily sit out any FSR/DLSS debate, not to mention I tend to buy games at 20€ max so it means I'm effectively lagging at least 3 years behind the mainstream.
I might experiment with forcing FSR into a simil-DLAA via VSR (so putting 1440p virtual res and using FSR to effectively render around 1080p) but honestly my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be so I'm mostly fine with 1080p on a 32" (to the horror of many forum members I'm sure), this puts me into a minority position but hey, I've been gaming since 1988 and the latest titles are getting less and less appealing to me so I can afford to play the waiting game.

Would I like a 4090 to feel on the bleeding edge? Of course! Can I afford it? Yes but explaining to my wife why I spent on a card as much as her entire PC might be... awkward. Do I need it? Heck no!
My current max budget is 600-650€ for a GPU. What's the best I can buy for that amount in Italy? My personal pick would be right now a 6950XT, enough grunt to last in raster and passable RT at 1080p with sufficient RAM to not worry for quite a while.
You can argue that a 4070 performs better in RT and I would agree, but I'd rather have more graceful performance degradation than better RT right now.

Soldato

And that's the funny thing with these apologists. If fg is so terrible and laggy etc., why the heck has amd been trying for a year and not managing to have it up and running yet?

Associate
And that's the funny thing with these apologists. If fg is so terrible and laggy etc., why the heck has amd been trying for a year and not managing to have it up and running yet?
So they can claim a >2x* increase in performance over prior gen like NV did with the 4060Ti over the 3060Ti.

Soldato
So they can claim a >2x* increase in performance over prior gen like NV did with the 4060Ti over the 3060Ti.
Exactly, so the unknowledgeable will lap it up. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more info on AMD's frame gen when we get news about the 7800XT. Rumoured specs are suggesting it will only be a bit faster than the 6800XT so throw in frame gen and voila, 2x the fps. Basically the same as what Nvidia have done :(

Last edited:
Caporegime

Yeah. its 10% faster than the 3060Ti, for the same $399.

Nvidia have got to the stage where they are not selling the GPU but "Added Value Features" such as DLSS3, the GPU is just the thing to enable these features. Its why they said its 2X faster than the 3060Ti, in this context it is.

The sad thing is there are some who will agree with that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Exactly, so the unknowledgeable will lap it up. I wouldn't be surprised if we see more info on AMD's frame gen when we get news about the 7800XT. Rumoured specs are suggesting it will only be a bit faster than the 6800XT so throw in frame gen and voila, 2x the fps. Basically the same as what Nvidia have done :(

The RX 7600 is 30% faster and 20% cheaper than the RX 6600 its replaced, normally we get a 30% up tick in performance for the same money, or even a little more, this is much better than that.

That IMO needs acknowledging, i don't think we should just lump AMD in with Nvidia like a lot of reviewers did when in fact at least after the 7900XT debacle its obvious they are trying much harder.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah. its 10% faster than the 3060Ti, for the same $399.

Nvidia have got to the stage where they are not selling the GPU but "Added Value Features" such as DLSS3, the GPU is just the thing to enable these features. Its why they said its 2X faster than the 3060Ti, in this context it is.

The sad thing is there are some who will agree with that.

I probably should add tho, i agree with Steve Walton, its not actually faster, all its doing in inserting fake frames to make it look like you're getting more frames from the same frame timings, but its an illusion, you're not, the frame latency is exactly the same as it is without the fake frame insertion.
Its not 120 FPS, its 60 no matter what the OSD says.

Last edited:
Soldato
I probably should add tho, i agree with Steve Walton, its not actually faster, all its doing in inserting fake frames to make it look like you're getting more frames from the same frame timings, but its an illusion, you're not, the frame latency is exactly the same as it is without the fake frame insertion.
Its not 120 FPS, its 60 no matter what the OSD says.
You agree about a feature you havent even tried. Oi, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom