• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

I'm not sure if a N32 card with 16GB would be £300 or £400.

There's definitely room for a RX 7700 and XT variant though...

Last edited:
I think the thing to remember about 1080p cards, is that 8GB N33 GPUs can already comfortably deliver 60 FPS minimums, as these cards can run Cyberpunk 2077 (impressive in itself for a low end mobile GPU)...

So, there's little reason to increase the spec, for what is supposed to be the lowest tier GPU die.

The Navi33 die was (predominantly) intended for mobile devices, as discussed here, back in August 2022:

It's 6nm which makes it cheaper and easier to mass produce.

Last edited:
I think your argument falls apart when you look at the RTX 3060 TI, 3070 + TI variant minimums, assuming you are drawing attention to the 8GB VRAM of some cards.

Even the RTX 2080 8GB gets 59 FPS 1% lows.

RT performance on N33 is going to be trash regardless (even though it's improved compared to N22 GPUs).

Last edited:
Since the RX 6600 XT and RX 6650 XT (both 8GB) aren't far off being able to do 60 FPS smoothly in Hogwarts, it's a fair bet that the top Navi33 card will handle it.

It looks like the performance won't be far off the RTX 3060 TI.

Last edited:
Cards above 8GB aren't going to be cheap I'm afraid...

They are in a different class /tier of graphics card.

For one thing, Navi33 uses a 128bit memory bus, you aren't going to see a large gain in performance, even if there was a 16GB model.

Last edited:
People will buy a Navi32 GPU if they want more VRAM. Most can afford this tier comfortably.
Navi23 + Navi33 is the filthy casual tier :D

Or, if you have a 1080p 60hz monitor (still super common, and perfectly fine).

Last edited:
They want the big margins on Navi32 and Navi31 GPUs.

Navi33 is the cheap, mass production die, banging in a load of extra VRAM would confuse the whole series lineup.
I feel we are going round in circles unfortunately:

But it's still very profitable for mobile devices.

Last edited:
I think there's lots of money to be made out of Navi32 GPUs, can't see why they'd limit it to just the RX 7800 XT.

Navi33 for the RX 7700 series cards makes no sense at all.

Navi33 cards will be priced like Navi23 cards (at their current price), but will have approx. 20% higher performance...

They will very likely be priced more competitively than the Nvidia equivalent.

Last edited:
Intel isn't a serious competitor yet, AMD knows that.

The transistor density on the ARC cards sucks, small dies also.

But when they do a die shrink with the next gen, it could be a very different story.

Last edited:
Maybe they will be extra confusing and release a low end Navi33 7700 series GPU. But why bother?

AMD tend to have a simple lineup, at least for desktop GPUs.

Last edited:
Won’t the 7600 be £300ish for sub 6700xt performance and only 8gb ram though?

If both companies release poor cards in this segment then it maybe Intel who cleans up when Battlemage arrives.
Probably similar price to the 6600 (around £200). Just like the 7600 XT will be similar to the 6600 XT.

So yeah, they are likely to be super cheap graphics cards, £200-£260 for the RX 7600 XT.

Any remaining 6600 series cards will be sold off very cheap also.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think any conclusions can be drawn about most of the lineup, until we know we have more concrete info about Navi32 graphics cards.

That 'leaked' list looks like an early plan for RDNA3 to me.

The clue is that they mentioned vcache GPUs that never materialised. Just a list of possible products.

I'd pay it no mind, personally.

When they code this stuff, it makes sense to include even things that may never materialise, it saves time later.

Last edited:
That's some nice table work

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif

Only issue is that no one would buy a N33 GPU for $400 /£400.

16GB or not.

The 7700 XT would be a sidegrade compared to the 6700 XT, aside from the VRAM, and cost more also.

Last edited:
Maybe the reason we haven't seen N32 yet, is the economics of it doesn't make sense yet, e.g. a 7700 XT on N32 couldn't have been very profitable.

But I've no doubt these would be the cards most consumers would be interested in, given the success of the RX 6700 XT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom