Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I thought it was pretty funny as well as stupid. It doesn't happen often and probably the result wouldn't have been much different so I wasn't bothered in the end.

Soldato
'Summoned' WTF? Albon got his time deleted within minutes. I get Vettel was super close to the edge of the white line, but it just screams that they're politicking the decision because of team and location. Either he was over the line and he should get the penalty, or he wasn't and no action is necessary. It doesn't take 4 hours and a meeting to figure it out.

Soldato
'Summoned' WTF? Albon got his time deleted within minutes. I get Vettel was super close to the edge of the white line, but it just screams that they're politicking the decision because of team and location. Either he was over the line and he should get the penalty, or he wasn't and no action is necessary. It doesn't take 4 hours and a meeting to figure it out.

I agree. Either he was in or he was out. No need for discussion. In how many other sports do you need to discuss and hear excuses for being over the line?

This is why specific punishments were written into the rules for the stewards to follow. Everyone complained about having to follow the rules and give Vettel a specific punishment last time he left the track, and then when you allow the stewards to use their own sense, they don't follow the stardard rules because of political pressure, being at a Ferrari race, not wanting to affect the championship, etc.

Last time it was giving the team a fine for Leclerc's unsafe release, now it will be letting Vettel keep a time set outside the track limits. The reason why an attempt at consistency was written into the rules was because the stewards can't seem to be consistent as soon as you let them do their own thing. There always seem to be some reason why someone gets an exception to the rules. This is the most monitored sport in the world, with cameras on the cars, all over the track, telemetry up the wazoo of what the car and driver is doing, yet still they find reasons to let people off the "rules".

Soldato
The stewards should be handing out penalties like confetti after that fiasco, and be fining teams for bringing the sport into disrepute. It is absolutely pathetic, especially when they were specifically warned ahead of time about exactly this. What it the point of warning and then not taking action?!

1/10 from me for now. I know it now already.

I'm genuinely sorry for you if you can only enjoy F1 when there's no specific outcome. I'm a McLaren fan and so I've had years of pain, but I've still enjoyed some cracking races during that time.

Back
Top Bottom